You can type here any text you want

front rotor removal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

89mulletbird

OK, it looks like the front rotor also houses the wheel bearings? Any trick to getting the front rotors off. I haven't attempted yet, but wanted to ask before I break something!

take the dust cap off the rotor and there is a large cotter pin and locking nut .... personally if ya don't know much about this get someone who does.. I wouldn't want to loose a wheel or a wheel bearing becuase ya screwed it up :cool:

Yeah, I did that and saw the pin and nut. I do alot of mechanic work, I've just never seen rotors like this before and wanted to reconfirm what I was seeing! What all is going to come out, the pin, nut, and bearing?

89mulletbird said:
Yeah, I did that and saw the pin and nut. I do alot of mechanic work, I've just never seen rotors like this before and wanted to reconfirm what I was seeing! What all is going to come out, the pin, nut, and bearing?

Pull out the cotter pin, loosen the nut and the nut and a washer will come off.

undo the caliper and pull the rotor off, there will be a front bearing and a rear bearing. The bearing races are on the rotor.

It should be nearly identical to a T/R or pretty much every rear drive GM for that matter.

Back