You can type here any text you want

Front shock stud spining

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
:mad:I'm frustrated with this and I'm going with a cold chisel to break the nut on top of the shock. Before I go wild on this is there another or easier way to get the old shocks out? Thanks for any input, I just about ran outta four letter words for this issue :banghead::mad:

Theres a special socket. Look in the special tool section at the parts stores.....most all carry them.

Reach thru the spring, and clamp a vise grip on the shaft.........

i know you got it, but i learned a long time ago that the best way to deal with the spinning stud is to just break the damn thing off... a tight fitting socket and a long extension is all you need to do this.. a couple of quick sideways motions and it's off..

i know you got it, but i learned a long time ago that the best way to deal with the spinning stud is to just break the damn thing off... a tight fitting socket and a long extension is all you need to do this.. a couple of quick sideways motions and it's off..
:cigar::cigar:

Back