You can type here any text you want

Front Staging

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
Opinions wanted, which of these configurations do you guys think would give be the best SQ.

5.25 driver in door with a 3.5 coax in dash?
5.25 driver in door w/ lg 8 ohm silk dome in dash?
5.25 driver in door w/ lg silk dome on plastic bevel area of lower door panel in front of remote mirror (perforated )?
5.25 Coax in door w/ 3.5 coax in dash?

I want the sound to sound high and in front of you..

I have a 6 1/2 in the door and an Image Dynamics 5 1/4 and tweet in the kick panels. Very nice imaging across the car. Still working on getting some depth to the sound stage. Instead of the band being on the dash, I want them in the middle of the hood.

I plan on upgrading the front speakers in the LeSabre T-Type pretty soon here. I plan on going with 6.5's in the doors and some 4" in the dash. My reasoning for this: I have whatever size is stock in the dash of my Celebrity (the stereo system testbed) and love the sound. Just those two speakers in the dash (with none in the rear of course) sound way better than the Concert Sound II with regards to midbass reproduction and imaging of the midbass in my opinion. I figure that upgrading the door speakers in the T (same setup as the GN/TR's) and putting the 4" in the dash (pretty sure that's what fits if I remember correctly) will definitely give me the midbass where I want it and pull the image forward more than what it is now.
Both the LeSabre T-Type and the Celebrity have no speakers in the back deck. I prefer it that way - keeps the soundstage where it belongs.
As far as trying to get the sound staged more in the center, I'd go with a digital delay (like some high end decks have - Alpine, etc). This is what I want to do for the ideal solution when I get around to it. Rockford Fosgate has some of their new amps which have DSP built in I guess. Don't know exactly how it works or anything (assuming it's a delay and also soundfield processor) but it would be nice to have the control that way instead of having to pay a lot of $$$ for a deck to do the same.

Back