You can type here any text you want

Front suspension overhaul..good parts to use?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87TTypeKid

I'm going to be fixing up the suspension in my car very shortly, but I'm skeptical about the parts I should be using. I am pretty sure I'm leaning towards Energy Suspension for the bushings I need, but I dont know what balljoints and other parts I should be using. Anyone have any good names I can search for? I work at Pep Boys, but I trust those parts on my T about as much as I trust a used car salesman...

Is Moog any good? I just dont want to put cheap stuff on my car..

Any suggestions are appreciated!!

Oh, and if they are available online, the website would help a lot, too. Thanks.

Moog from Gyrhead and Sons. Sponsor link on the TB.com home page. You can probably get Moog through Pep Boys.

Napa parts are superior to Moog. Go to Napa and do a side by side comparison. You will see the difference. Napa has been working hard to become a foremost supplier of quality suspension parts.

I have always used Moog, like the quality and Durability. Then I purchased an 87 Turbo T, and the suspension was just done and it had Napa upper & lower Ball Joints, etc. They Have blue rubbers and look real nice, ride nice, and handles even better. Napa makes a very good durable and high quality ones for our cars, the rubbers even sit better on the metal componets to hold the grease better and everything. Compare the two side by side, I know moog is very good, but when you see those Napa one's it will make you think.

Napa premium line called NCP or Napa Chassis. KILLER stuff. Did my old ttype a few years back. Awesome. Ball Joints are indestructable! Good Luck!

I know you get what you pay for, but what is the price difference between the moog parts and the napa high end parts?

I am getting ready to redo the suspension on my cutlass, and I am interested.

Thanks

Craig

I went with NAPA (Dana) balljoints and Moog for everything else. Moog is very good, but at least with the balljoints, the quality looked to be that much better, and the extra $5 or 6 over a Moog piece was worth it to me. Make sure you get the NAPA premium line, and not the MRC line.
Moog:

NAPA:

hunter_alexande: I think the price diff for all-NAPA vs. all-Moog (from Summit) was $100-125 last fall when I priced it all out. This is for balljoints, tierods, center link, idler, etc. I did spring for the Edelbrock tierod sleeves. Seemed worth an extra $10 for the pair.
Edelbrock Heavy-Duty Tie Rod Sleeves: EDL-5250

Team Chevelle is a good place to read about suspension topics, even though they're more focused on A-bodies.

Any Data?

Aside from "looking better" is there any way to measure the quality of these NAPA parts?

Cindy Crawford is nice looking, but I wouldn't necessarily want her to rebuild my 109 motor....

Moog's been the premier OEM and aftermarket brand for most of the last century - and as one of the largest volume dealers in my region I see practically ZERO warranty return.

pep boys dont sell moog they have crappy china stuff in a white box.

Get moog parts .they are the best front end parts period.get problem solver ones. i have been installing moog parts for over 20 years and never had a problem. car quest has moog parts.replace tierod sleeves with solid type ones helps reduce bump steer and they look cool.:cool: my energy suspension bushings squeaked . ended up going with global west del a lum bushings. lol

Back