You can type here any text you want

Front Suspension

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

larrym

West Coast Newfy
So I decided 1 of my many winter projects was going to be a major overhaul of the front end. Good idea as i have discovered a few conditions that needed to be addressed. Upper PS control arm bushing where beyond done. PS spring broken (6 inches off the bottom coil of the spring). Ball joints where questionable.

I have the new ball joints and bushings installed, a set of QA1 adjustables shocks for the front are on the way. I have sourced a set of eibach springs or some Moog 5658's.

I only take it to the track once in a blue moon, of the 2 choices I want a good weight transfer at the track without giving up 2 much on the street, Eibach or Moog?

So I decided 1 of my many winter projects was going to be a major overhaul of the front end. Good idea as i have discovered a few conditions that needed to be addressed. Upper PS control arm bushing where beyond done. PS spring broken (6 inches off the bottom coil of the spring). Ball joints where questionable.

I have the new ball joints and bushings installed, a set of QA1 adjustables shocks for the front are on the way. I have sourced a set of eibach springs or some Moog 5658's.

I only take it to the track once in a blue moon, of the 2 choices I want a good weight transfer at the track without giving up 2 much on the street, Eibach or Moog?

If your looking for good weight transfer, AutoZones Duralast replacement non-variable rate springs match the 5658's very well. Cant beat the price either!

cut to match

Here are some pic's of the carnage, should i just cut the good spring to match?

The good one has a bit of a bow to it when stood up?
Think that bushing was toast? :eek:

Attachments

• P1010124.jpg
    P1010124.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 234
  • P1010125.jpg
    P1010125.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 240
I was really suprised how compliant(plush) the Eibachs red springs are. I kinda expected them to ride harsh, I tried a set on a different platform (Chrysler) and I ended up taking them off after a couple weeks due to a bone jarring ride. Cant speak of weight transfer in a hard launch, they've only been on a week:redface: Me likey for corners though if you do that stuff in your TR:biggrin:

Alan

A heat shield for the PS upper control arm bushing will help them live longer. They cook quickly when the DP gets hot. I forgot where I got mine, bit it's semi-circular and bolts on the rear side cross shaft. It came with a thin nut and lockwasher, a 5 minute install.

Back