You can type here any text you want

Front sway bar sizes. Need help.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RED LS1

I'm trying to find out what the diameters are of the stock regal front sway bar Vs. the Grand national/T-type sway bars. I would also like to know who sells a good front sway abr thats hopefully thinner than both.

My car has a 24 row stretched Mease Intercooler on it. The front shield has a low mouth which has a cutout for the sway bar to run right through the center of the opening. It's going to be an inlet restriction. I'm wondering if the stock regal bar is thinner than the T-type bar. I'm also looking at buying a Spohn one which are 1 5/16 thick.

I would lover to find one that is designed some way away from the intercooler shroud.

I believe the stock front GN bar is 1.25". I am not sure how much smaller the NA Regal bar is. Probably close to 1".
Time to hit the salvage yard and do some shopping. :) Make sure you match the rear bar to the smaller front or you will have a bunch of overstear!

Slap a HR rear bar on, get awesome traction control for the car - as it may very well need it. And then completely remove the front bar, you do not need it with a HR bar on the back.

Mike

Did you read my post? I'm not concerned with controlling traction at the track. I'm concerned with clearance for my intercooler. The front bar is off now and it rides like a school bus. I'm not building this car for drag racing.

Dude, I read your post and you did not say that you are not looking for traction at the track as you just mentioned. Considering that you are running a stretched intercooler - that means that you are modified and why do most people modify? To run faster. When people run faster, they want better traction. Wow, you definitely do not have to be a jerk when replying to someone giving a suggestion to help you out.

Good luck finding help out being this way.

Later,
Mike

Dude, I read your post and you did not say that you are not looking for traction at the track as you just mentioned. Considering that you are running a stretched intercooler - that means that you are modified and why do most people modify? To run faster. When people run faster, they want better traction. Wow, you definitely do not have to be a jerk when replying to someone giving a suggestion to help you out.

Good luck finding help out being this way.

Later,
Mike

Sorry man. I realize you were trying to help. I have been a little fusterated with message forums and cars in general lately. I was asking for front sway bar specific information for a specific situation and you told me to get a better rear bar and throw the front one away. You can see how that wasn't a helpful response. Once again, sorry for the jerky response and thanks for trying to offer help.

Back