You can type here any text you want

Fuel cell installation

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oldtimer

Can someone direct me to diagrams of the correct way to install the fuel lines using a fuel cell in my trunk. Pics that I've seen seem to have 3 fuel lines going to and from the fuel cell.

One line to fuel rail ... one return line ... what's the third line for .. I'm sure it's not a line to the fuel canister on a stage car ?

Also, the correct pump location .. what's the best pump and filter

correct placement of the filter ?

I'm preparing to install my stage motor and I don't want any fuel starvation. I'm using 160 # injectors

Thanks for any help

George

Originally posted by oldtimer
Can someone direct me to diagrams of the correct way to install the fuel lines using a fuel cell in my trunk. Pics that I've seen seem to have 3 fuel lines going to and from the fuel cell.

One line to fuel rail ... one return line ... what's the third line for .. I'm sure it's not a line to the fuel canister on a stage car ?

..............George

Still need a vent line on a fuel cell.:)

Re: Re: Fuel cell installation

Originally posted by Nick Micale
Still need a vent line on a fuel cell.:)

Of course !! I must be having a geriatric seisure:o

Thanks Nick

George

Well... aeromotive or weldon seems to be the two brands of choice for pumps on a stage powered car. Is your car going to be mostly track, mostly street, or a little of both? I have seen paxton, weldon and aeromotive filters and regulators used, some guys like to filter before the pump, some after the pump, and some do both. I will look for some pics of fuel cell installs, unfortunatly I haven't put mine in yet or I would just send you some pics of that. Racingjunk.com usually has a pretty good selection of pumps for sale if you want to save a couple of bucks.:)

Yep, I just checked on racingjunk, guy has 4 weldon 2035 pumps for sale. They will be more than enough for your application and he want $550 shipped to your door for them. Sounds like a good deal. :)

Thanks Stu

Car will be used mainly for track with very little street use although it's extremely street legal.

I would really appreciate pictures or diagrams of the fuel cell fuel line set up including the regulator. Is there a preferred regulator ? or does it come with the pump ?

George

More often than not the regulator is going to be mounted on the end of your fuel rail, or on the firewall. To the best of my knowledge, a regulator does not come with a pump unless you buy some sort of "package" deal. Maybe one of the big boys here that has a running stage car can shoot you some pics of their cell and pump install.:)

Here is the setup we have in the turboed farm truck ;) We run a single aeromotive eliminator pump. You can't see the back but it has two 8 an lines that Y into a single 12 an line. The vent has a check ball in it on the far side, and the line going in the top is a return from the regulator. This seems to have no problem feeding a 409 cu. in. Big block chevy with a 91 mm. turbo, but we use a blow through carb setup. Idles at 7.psi. and has a 1:1 rising rate regulator.
bradstruckbed.jpg

Originally posted by 65vette396
Here is the setup we have in the turboed farm truck ;) We run a single aeromotive eliminator pump. You can't see the back but it has two 8 an lines that Y into a single 12 an line. The vent has a check ball in it on the far side, and the line going in the top is a return from the regulator. This seems to have no problem feeding a 409 cu. in. Big block chevy with a 91 mm. turbo, but we use a blow through carb setup. Idles at 7.psi. and has a 1:1 rising rate regulator.
bradstruckbed.jpg

Thanks for the photos. You'll need to be careful when you're delivering eggs though:D

George

Originally posted by oldtimer
Thanks for the photos. You'll need to be careful when you're delivering eggs though:D

George

Yeah, 12 psi. transbrake launches make good scrmbled eggs though ;)

Weldon Pump

Weldon has a new pump:

D2345
Weldon Pump is introducing a new quieter, lower speed, long lived fuel pump that will support 2500 HP at 70 PSI

Also look at the 14000 Dial-a-flow voltage regulator.

They also sell complete kits.

The Dial-a-flow is pretty trick for a street driven car or even a race car. You can control the pump driving up to the staging lanes and on the return road.

Ken

Hey George

I just looked at your location.

I am Troy's friend that had the 67 Firebird with a GN drivetrain.

It been a long time.

Are you planning on going to the 100 foot races in Lethbridge?

I was planning on meeting Troy there.

Take care

Ken

Originally posted by gund
Hey George

I just looked at your location.

I am Troy's friend that had the 67 Firebird with a GN drivetrain.

It been a long time.

Are you planning on going to the 100 foot races in Lethbridge?

I was planning on meeting Troy there.

Take care

Ken

Ken, when is Lethbridge? I've got the car all apart right now as I regroup for my Stage engine. Not sure I'll be ready but would like to go for sure. even to watch and learn

:)

George

Back