You can type here any text you want

Fuel filter o-rings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

m3x1c0

Bad luck Buick
Old ones were orange and falling apart. Part store was closed so I just grabbed a couple from a generic Dorman set I have. Do I need to go back and put special ones (viton?) in there? Where can I get them if so?

They sell them in the parts store. Napa has a kit with all different sizes. I tried regular orings and they started leaking after a week

Napa sent me packing. Weren't even willing to look: "nah we aint got anything like that." Ok? Walked to O'reillys next door. "I don't think we have any kits of just o-rings but let me try this." He looks up my fuel injectors and walks back with a box. O-ring is an exact match! These guys are great. I also went to Advance and found a package containing an assortment of Viton O-rings but are made in China and clearly look inferior (flash lines from the molding are terrible.) Thank God for awesome parts guys willing to go a step further to help a guy out!

IMG_1931.JPG IMG_1932.JPG

So what oring are they intended for? Fuel Injectors?
The ones in the box are the Help! box is an assortment for anything involving fuel. I think the key is that they are made of Viton.

Back