You can type here any text you want

Fuel injector placement based on flow rate??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I just had my injectors cleaned and flowed, these are the results
When placing them back into the engine I think (first mistake) that I should put the higher flowing injectors at the 5 and 6 locations and work my way forward from there, the next higher flowing injectors in the 3 and 4 and the least flowing injectors in the 1 and 2 spots.
My thinking (second mistake) is that by the design of the intake and plenum that the rear cylinders will get more air flow than the front cylinders.
Please correct me if I am wrong in my thinking.
I have heard of racers using less rocker ratio in the rear cylinders to balance the cylinders.
Talk to me people????????

That doesn't correlate at all with what has been logged and often seen. Especially if pre throttle body fuel is injected. I've posted about this several times. Most common cylinder lean out is #1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't correlate at all with what has been logged and often seen. Especially if pre throttle body fuel is injected. I've posted about this several times. Most common cylinder lean out is #1..........

I also see more "fried" spark plugs in no.1 cylinder than any other one.

By "fried", I mean ground electrode is completely burned off due to pre-ignition which indicates a very lean condition in that cylinder.

I always recommended the "fat in front" method when flowing injectors on my flow bench, if they don't balance perfectly (never really do). A good set of injectors will flow within 3% of each other. The highest numbers would then be placed in cylinders 1 and 2.

I was under the assumption that pump/alky cars needed more fuel in the front cylinders because the alky doesn't spread completely equal. This being an E85 car i assumed that this didn't apply and simply add the extra fuel to the rears.

I always recommended the "fat in front" method when flowing injectors on my flow bench, if they don't balance perfectly (never really do). A good set of injectors will flow within 3% of each other. The highest numbers would then be placed in cylinders 1 and 2.
Even for a NO alkyl injection car?

Strictly fuel, no alchy. I'm not sure what you'd do differently though - it all has to do with airflow pressure vs. fuel delivery. Alcohol offers an instant cool-down to the air charge, so it would seem to be relative to normal air delivery.

I suppose the only way to really finalize the factor is to do a bench test with airflow to each port.

Back