Fuel injectors on a 85 Riv T Type?

tim63riv

:confused: Hello everyone!
I don't know if this is the right place for this question or not, but here goes. I had to overhaul the engine in my 85 T Type. During disassembly, 3 of the stock fuel injectors had the plastic cap by the bottom rubber O ring crack. Is this part available without having to replace the three injectors? If I have to replace the injectors, are there some out there that could be sourced used? I heard that there was an injector that Ford used that has a little more fuel capacity than the stock ones. Any help or advice would be appreciated! Tim McCluskey

Hey, another T-type Riv owner. I have a white 85 T-type.

I have a set of OEM inj. from my 87 GN. They have about 9000 miles on them.
$120 shippped??

Hi!
My T Type Riv is white with a maroon cloth interior and is nicely optioned. I have a line on some injectors, but if that one fizzles out, I'll let you know. I have noticed that quite a few of the GM Turbo engines used the same injectors! Thanks, Tim

Hi,
Are they black tops, like the later motors? I hear that the hotair cars ran 28# injectors also. You are probably referring to the ford supercoupe injectors, 36 # I believe. All this stuff is floating around. Gnttype.org has a lot of injector information, check them out if you haven't already...

You can get an injector rebuild kit from most parts stores... New o-rings, and plastic caps pretty cheap. It's been a while, but I think they were under $20 last time I bought one.

Turbo Riviera!
Thanks for the information! Mine are ok except for the caps and O-rings, so the Auto Zone Kit will work. You just helped me get my engine running! I would have replied to your post earlirr, but I wasn't getting notified of new posts. Ain't technology grand?
Thanks again, Tim McCluskey

Glad to help out!

I busted mine the first time they came out of an original engine... The plastic and rubber gets so brittle after 20 years. Luckily I had a friend who worked at a parts store at the time and he knew exacltly what I needed.