Fuel leak?

ALXTTA 1

Hi,

My TTA sits in the garage all winter. In late January, I walked into the garage and noticed a strong gasoline odor. I looked under the car and there were some medium sized spots on the concrete floor under the gas tank/muffler area. I put some newspaper down on the floor and started checking every day. It was definitely gas but the odd thing was, it didn't leak every day. This was without me touching it. That went on for about 1.5-2 weeks and it suddenly stopped completely. I thought maybe a fuel line was leaking and it had emptied whatever was left sitting in the lines.
Once the weather warmed up I turned the key "on" several different days to pressurize the fuel pump. It did not leak a drop. I completely filled the tank and even bounced the back end up and down right afterwards. I've also driven it 5-6 times, checking under the rear every time before I shut it off and before I start again. I have not seen it leak one drop or smelled any odor at all.
The only thing I can think is that something forced liquid gasoline out the vent tube from the tank?? Is this possible, or what else could it have been? :confused: Thanks in advance for any ideas.