You can type here any text you want

fuel line routing around alt bracket

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tford

Registered Member
Putting my engine back together and noticed the fuel line is touching the alternator bracket. Was just wondering if everyone elses is touching or if I have something aligned incorrectly. I also have a mystery part that was near the motor mount area in the car. It is about 10 inches long and looks like it covers some fuel line or something. It has a few tabs on it too. If my description isn't enough I'll post a pic when I get a chance. Thanks guys.

misc bracket.jpg

that plastic is one part of the wire cover that protects the alternator to battery wire , the other part has tabs that get bolted under the stock intercooler brackets and that piece you have snaps into it holds the wire under safely under the oil pan
fuel lines should'nt touch the bracket but they are close and the lines should be clamped to the bolt that holds the fuel pump cover on the side of the timing cover .

Attachments

• Edm0030.jpg
    Edm0030.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 50
Thanks Paul. Any pics of how the wire cover goes? If not, I think your description should be enough for me to figure it out.
I'll send an invite out to you to ride out to Whiteford to watch over and make sure this thing goes back together right. If you do,
I promise you'll gain a new member to MAGNA. Last day I met up with you guys was in Bear,DE almost 2 years ago. David H built my motor. Tim

Back