fuel pressure and boost

sandman524

I just installed a new Accufab adjustable regulator, and can't figure out what to set the pressure at. Engine's freshly rebuilt, ported heads, 42.5 lb injectors, and Walbro 340 pump. Any ideas? Also, what do ya think I should have the boost set at?

I would suggest starting off at 42-43 and go from there.

Far as boost, I wouldn't go any more than stock, maybe a little less to be safe until you break the engine in.

Ray

I agree about 43 is good place to start.

Don't worry about setting boost yet because you shouldn't WOT yet IMO. I would break in about 500 miles or so. When I broke mine in I jumped on the highway hit cruise control and drove for a few hundred miles. I would loosen waste gate rod until you think your relatively conservative 12-15 lbs (depending on turbo) and start from there.

I got the fuel set at 42, and the boost at 15. The engine is broke in, though about 2500 miles on it. I just got the new pump and regulator recently. However, I do notice when I'm at a dead stop and hit it, there's a little hesitation. I have the stock air kit ( I know, get rid of it!) And stock plenum and tb. I'm just wondering if this might have something to do with it?