Fuel Pressure Question

V6VegaTex

I'm using the stock in-tank electric fuel pump on the Turbo V-6 Vega project. Do I need more fuel pressure than that? Should I get a bigger electric pump, or run a mechanical pump with the electric pump?

Thanks
Dave

I am not sure if fuel pressure would be your problem but more of a fuel quantity. Are you using the stock 4 banger fuel pump or the ones used for the v6/v8? The fuel lines are also very small coming out of the tank. Is the engine modified or closer to stock? What I did on my wagon was to get a -8 bulkhead fitting and drilled a hole in the tank as low as I could get it. Put in the bulkhead and sealed it with an O-ring. Connected that to a 90, through an inline filter, and to a Comp 110 electric fuel pump. Out of the pump I merged it into a 3/8 fuel line up to the engine. Mine might be a bit overkill but I felt the stock stuff (for my app anyway) was going to be a little small. I plan on running at least 300 horsepower on the bottle and didn't want to come up short. My engine is N/A so I really can't speak towards the required fuel pressure for the turbo setup.