You can type here any text you want

Fuel pump and injectors upgrade ?'s

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CombatComProg

I am going throughout the process of upgrading my TTA and want to make it an 11 sec street car. I still want decent mileage, so I'm wondering how bigger injectors and fuel pump affect mileage. What is the best brand/size pump and injectors to put in my car? I currently have a stock turbo and converter; however, both will be replaced after I do the injectors and pump. What hotwire kit do you recommend too? Thanks!

Fuel pump, walbro 340

Hot wire kit, Johns Performance or Racetronixs. They both sell the parts.

Injectors, i'm biased . I like 50's. I got 26 MPG coming from Bowling Green to Fl this year using an Eric Marshall chip.

What brand 50# injectors do you recommend? Does brand make a difference? Anyone know of a good deal on them? Will putting 50# injectors on my stock car change anything? If so, what will I have to do to adjust? Is 50# just the capacity of the injectors, or will it now flow that amount? Thanks!!

50's are nice and should flow into the low 11's. At 90% duty cycle they flow about 45lb/hr. Past 90% things could get hairy. Do a search on 57's and 60's if you think you may wanna go faster.

AS Razor said a walbro 340 hotwired is the ticket as the first upgrade you wanna do. You'll need a chip to go with those injecotrs also.....

what factors do I need to mention when asking someone to burn my chip? Razor, what is the contact info for getting an Eric Marshall chip? What equipment can I buy to make my own chips? Thanks

You could also look into the new Motec ones that are bigger than 50's (60's???) and don't require an ECM mod. It would give you a little more headroom.
But.... I agree with Razor ....of course :-)

Yes there are bigger than 50's.. but the 50's are "figured out" by the chip guys.

Delphi and MSD are the brands.

Eric can be reached at

Eric@turbotweak.com

I am a dealer for his alky chips. So I have those in stock.

As far as burning your own, my suggestion is let somebody else do it. Even if you had the equipment today, and started learning.. would take you an easy year of heartache for what less than a 100 bucks can get you. Its ok to buy the burner, intronics makes the pocket programmer which you can burn your own, and if you get a direct scan, you can then email files and images back and forth with your chip guy till the issue is resolved. Saving on time and postage. You'll also need an eraser to erase the chips.

I have the programs, equipment, and enough knowledge to let somebody else handle making the changes...

Quote from Clint Eastwood... "A Man has to know his limits"

And based on your questions asked.. you are far away from being able to replicate what a good chip guy can do.

Who to get the injectors from... contact vendors asking for pricing.. There are a few of them like Precision, Racetronix, etc.. that advertise here. Thats your job ;D

My advice comes down the pike as its been handed to me. I learn from those that have been there done that. No majic.. theyre $$$ mistakes have shown me the light. Deviate from the tried and true.. be prepared to $$$ the consequences.

HTH

A few of the "Chip guys" have done the new Motec injectors.

I don't think I ever suggested a novice starting out at the top and burning chips against a new injector :)

Back