You can type here any text you want

Fuel Pump Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

91Bird305

I have a 1991 Pontiac Trans AM 305 TBI at the moment that I am going to be swapping out for a 86-87 3.8 turbo Buck engine. I will be using the 89 TTA wiring harness.
My question is, the swap won't occur until late fall most likely. But I know the pump I have in there now is dieing pretty fast. If I was to buy the racetronix fuel pump+hot wire kit right now and install it into my car, would it work with my current setup? Wiring and all? Or is it more complicated then that and I am gonna have to wait to install the pump when I have the 89 TTA wiring harness in and GN engine installed. Cause if I can get the pump and hotwire kit installed and out of the way early and still be able to drive it around with the 305 TBI engine then that would be great. If not, then I will just purchase it later. Thank you. :)

Is the racetronix pump an in tank walbro 307 or 340? If it is I wouldnt see why you would have a problem.

Jason

Its a 340 from ractronix. A 307 from Johnsperformance.com I am probably going to go with the 340 from racetronix since its cheaper and it comes with the hotwire kit. I currently have an in-tank fuel pump and with the Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, I SHOULD be able to limit the amount of fuel coming in since my TBI usually only needs around 15psi.

oooh! 15 psi! wow thats low. I take back what I said. I dont think those pumps are really designed to run in a system with pressure that low. I think you'll have to talk to some one who knows more about those pumps than me.

Jason

Back