You can type here any text you want

Fuel pump Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
thanks for the info. I guess alot of people run into this problem but I dont have a powerlogger just the scanmaster. the reason why I was curious was because I have a couple of the NOS flow through pumps that I belive are rated at 255 LPH and wanted to know if I could use them if I needed more fuel rather than buying another fuel pump. As far a boost right now my chip Is set for 18# of boost but after I put the alky kit in Im going up to 25# of boost and Im assuming that I will need more fuel then than I do now.
Thanks,
Isaac

Its a 190 flow which is actually less than what i already have which sucks but hey, atleast i figured it out! Haha thanks for the help & all the info fella's

I'm having some problems with my fuel on idle my pressure it's at 43.5 when I accelerate it tends to drop does this mean my pump is goin out just got it few months back walbro 400 pump

I'm having some problems with my fuel on idle my pressure it's at 43.5 when I accelerate it tends to drop does this mean my pump is goin out just got it few months back walbro 400 pump
first of all check your filter& make sure its flowing & also if your pump has the sock on it they have been known to suck flat & kill flow. Just a few things to consider..

Something isn't right. You're idle pressure is 'base -engine vacuum' (2" of vacuum roughly = 1#). When you're accelerating at 0 boost, the pressure should be base. Once you get into boost it's 'base +boost'

Just blipping the throttle with the hood up should cause the fuel pressure to jump.

1. if im running a walbro 340 fuel pump can it handle 80# injectors or do i need to upgrade my pump?

Those 80lb injectors would take you further then that pump. If your looking to match both or have a fuel system that offers more then the injectors for future growth. I would get the Racetronix double pumper.

2. can you put an inline flow through fuel pump and use it with the 340 if necessary?
thanks
Isaac

I have done this in the past and it killed in in tank pump. You would need a separate feed line and join the 2 lines with a Y block. The in tank pump should have a check valve on it so the 2 pumps don't fight each. Seems like a lot of work for something that will require 2 hot wire harnesses, a hobb switch, etc lines, Y block. Either a double pumper to make it simple and easy, or get a Racetronix sending unit for a #8 pick up and use a Weldon 1100A external pump, and change your feed and return lines to accomidate it.

your right that seems like more work than its worth... easier to get a double pumper and call it a day!!!
thanks
Isaac

Back