Fuel regulator recommendation

newwguyy

Stock 84 GN, added hot wire kit, can anyone recommend an adjustable fuel pressure reg for under 100.00?? thanks

I recently posted pretty much teh same question, and ended up buying the Accufab one. The two that I had seen everyone using are the that one, and another one, that looks pretty much the same, except its billet machined aluminum, not the anodized black like the accufab, and they both run anywhere form 100-125 bucks. from what I was told, they both flow the same, and are rated the same pressure-wise. The only real diff is one is silver, and one is black, and the accufab generally runs about 5-10 bucks more than the silver one. Id suggest checking out the various vendors listed at the home page, and take your pick. I think someone was offering a sale on them in the vendor specials section of the board, but i dont know if thats still going on right now. I went with teh accufab, cuz i found one for a decent price and I like the look of the balck better (worth an extra 5-10 bucks in my mind :) ) Hope this helps!

Bought a used one off ebay for $60 and will install it next week. Did you replace the fuel pump with a walbro 340? Don't bother with the adj. fuel pressure regulator until you get rid of the stock fuel pump. Been there done it and never again. Brad

thanks for the recommendation, does anyone know if Holley regulator product #5125035 "universal application" will work? says it pumps 35-65 psi, 70.00 through partsamerica.com If someone could let me know I would appreciate it, I am trying to stick with items available via summit so I can put it on the summit credit card :D

You can get an adjustable regulator but don't try feeding the engine anymore fuel then the stock fuel pump can deliver. SO, just don't try running 24# of boost ;)
I want to say that fuel pressure regulator will work.........but not sure.

not a problem, as you know I cant seem to figure out why it wont go past 10pds boost?? working on it though :D

I just looked in my Poston's catalog and they don't say what their fuel pressure rates at. I know you will never need to be as lean as 35# so that isn't a prob. I don't think you will go over 65# either. Since you will probably set your fuel pressure line off at 42# to 43# and then as long as you stay below (65-43=22 :D ) 22# of boost you would be alright. But, I am still not sure, do a search!!

about the 9 inch K&N, do you bolt it to anything after removing the box and attaching it at the MAF clamp? or do you just let it hang?