fuel system update?

TurboDetroit

Hey guys, I've decided that i wanted to dual feed my fuel rail.

My current setup is as follows:
12 gallon fuel cell
-10 an feeding magnafuel 750 pump
-8 to fuel rail and a -6 return from magna fuel bypass regulator

Again i want to dual feed the rail so heres my question.

option 1:
run the -8 to a y-block
-8 to each rail and the -6 return

option 2:
run -10 to the y-block
-8 to each rail and -6 return
My concern with option 2 is I've always heard that fuel systems go in steps like if i run the -10 to the y-block will i have to run a -12 to the pump? (1size bigger)

Assuming I'm shooting for an 800 rwhp goal in the future, what is my best option. All help/opinions are welcome.

Either will work IMOP. I run option 2 but run a -10 to the pump because that's what the inlet size is. If it was a -12 I would have run -12.

Either way you'll be fine imop

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Either will work IMOP. I run option 2 but run a -10 to the pump because that's what the inlet size is. If it was a -12 I would have run -12.

Either way you'll be fine imop

2 things:

so you think the return line size will be fine?

and i can run -10 to the pump and after the pump to the y-block?

I think it will. I run a -8 return because I only bought- 10 and -8 and my regulator is -8. But your 6 should be fine

TurboDetroit, please see your PM's regarding the Eastwood Fender Roller...thanks. Bob

I am doing option 2. Here is how I did it-

I am/will be running a Weldon 2345A with the Weldon fuel pump controller on a 8 gallon fuel cell.

I have -12 from the cell to the Kinlser fuel filter attached to the pump. Then I have a -10 coming from the pump directly to another post-pump Kinlser filter. This runs to the engine bay where I have 1 more Kinsler filter before the Y fitting which is a -10 inlet to dual -8s into each fuel rail, feeding my 160lb injectors.

At the end of each rail is a -8 line running towards the Magnafuel AFPR which then has a -6 return line.

I consulted a lot with Justin at Kinsler Fuel Injection prior to deciding on what size lines to run for my feed and return, and they assured me that the -6 will flow plenty as a return line, even with the monster 2345A as a pump. Considering I got my pump from these guys, I knew they would be able to give me a real answer on the functionality of -6 being used for a return line, and after many discussions with them I have no worries that the -6 will be more than enough for a return.

The big thing they emphasized was to NOT "T" the fuel lines at the back of the rails, but to instead have each fuel rail have its' own -8 run to the AFPR. So my AFPR has 2 -8 "feeds" from my fuel rails, and they both converge at the AFPR to flow into the -6 return.

The pics I have arent accurate for how I will ultimately run the lines from the ends of each rail, but at least you can see how I did the Y setup.

Hope this helps.

IMG_8896.JPG
Hey Tyler. I tried to mount my AFPR there but it wouldn't fit work with the TR6. Not enough room. I really struggled with a good place to mount the regulator and dual feed. Decided to do it this way. Just made a bracket that sits on top of the reservoir bracket. Another option.

View attachment 296659 Hey Tyler. I tried to mount my AFPR there but it wouldn't fit work with the TR6. Not enough room. I really struggled with a good place to mount the regulator and dual feed. Decided to do it this way. Just made a bracket that sits on top of the reservoir bracket. Another option.

Nice looking setup Mike!

The picture I posted was just to demonstrate how to run the fuel lines in the front of the rails. I will be running my setup similar to yours, Mike. Especially since I just picked up a TR6 myself! :D

Cool. I'm dual feeding the rear and my returns are in front. As of right now anyway, lol.

I did just purchase SPC upper and lower control arms this week. All new Moog front-end and a TurnOne steering box.

I'm ready to hit the streets.

Dual feeding mine from the rear as well

Cool. I'm dual feeding the rear and my returns are in front. As of right now anyway, lol.

I did just purchase SPC upper and lower control arms this week. All new Moog front-end and a TurnOne steering box.

I'm ready to hit the streets.

Nice!!

I TOLD you those SPC uppers are legit!! Did you get the extra tall ball joints?

Lemme know how the lowers work for you. I'm toying with getting either SPC LCAs for the front, or rear Varishock double adjustable shocks.

What spring and shock setup are you running Mike?

I got the new lowers on eBay for $480 shipped. Good deal. Marcus is cheapest on the uppers with the Delrin bushings. I did go with the Protorque tall upper and tall lower ball joints. Marcus said...China, China, China. I said I know. He likes Howe.

Right now I'm going to use the springs and shocks that I have. Edelbrock lowering springs and Bilstein shocks. Car should sit nice and handle decent on the street.

2 things:

so you think the return line size will be fine?

and i can run -10 to the pump and after the pump to the y-block?

Personally I am running -12 to the pump because that is the size of the feed.

The pump has a -10 outlet, so I am running that to the Y block and then dual -8 from the Y.

Below I put a picture of the fuel filter that I am using pre-pump. Has almost zero pressure loss and flows a ton. One thing to think about that some people miss is that you need to make sure your fuel filter can flow enough to support what your fuel pump flows.

EX: I used to have small JEGS filters that were -8 and "fit" my setup. The more I read the more I realized that they didn't flow more than 80gph each, so I knew that since I would be flowing upwards of 300gph from my fuel pump, I needed to upgrade to a filter that can flow that much. Otherwise your fuel filter can become another restriction in your fuel system and undue all the money you spent to upgrade to larger fuel lines. I highly recommend talking to Jason at Kinsler about this. Tell him Tyler from California with the T-Type sent you and he will take care of you for sure!

The second picture is an option for plumbing that isn't ideal, but could work if you are strapped for space.

Personally I am running -12 to the pump because that is the size of the feed.

The pump has a -10 outlet, so I am running that to the Y block and then dual -8 from the Y.

Below I put a picture of the fuel filter that I am using pre-pump. Has almost zero pressure loss and flows a ton. One thing to think about that some people miss is that you need to make sure your fuel filter can flow enough to support what your fuel pump flows.

EX: I used to have small JEGS filters that were -8 and "fit" my setup. The more I read the more I realized that they didn't flow more than 80gph each, so I knew that since I would be flowing upwards of 300gph from my fuel pump, I needed to upgrade to a filter that can flow that much. Otherwise your fuel filter can become another restriction in your fuel system and undue all the money you spent to upgrade to larger fuel lines. I highly recommend talking to Jason at Kinsler about this. Tell him Tyler from California with the T-Type sent you and he will take care of you for sure!

The second picture is an option for plumbing that isn't ideal, but could work if you are strapped for space.

Thanks for the pic of the filter, and the contact info.:) That might be the answer to my overly large new style Racetronix filter that I can't fit.:mad:

You can get that racetronix filter to fit just need to do something custom with it

Thanks for the pic of the filter, and the contact info.:) That might be the answer to my overly large new style Racetronix filter that I can't fit.:mad:

No sweat man!

The filters come in a few different sizes too, so you can get one that will fit your space requirements and will still flow a ton!

I cannot stress enough how important getting a well-flowing filter is. The cool thing with Kinsler is that since they test every filter before it leaves, it smells like methanol when you get it :D

Take 5 minutes and go to their site and read up on their filters. They do a ton of methanol stuff, so their parts are proven for E85 fuel.

Send it to me ill figure out how to make it work

Send it to me ill figure out how to make it work

I just need some down time to really take a look at it. The Kinsler ones just looked really promising with only a little work. Poking around on there website makes it seem like they might be kinda spendy.

I just need some down time to really take a look at it. The Kinsler ones just looked really promising with only a little work. Poking around on there website makes it seem like they might be kinda spendy.

If you figure a regular Aeromotive filter is about $110ish, the Kinsler I got (I believe it was the smaller of the 3) was around $150? For $40 more I'll pay to have my filter tested and proven, especially considering how important fuel flow is to the life of a motor while at WOT.

I looked through my old hotrod notes and found these 3 pages from the Kinsler catalog. 1 page shows the different filters and the sizes they come in. I know you are concerned with space, so I thought this might be helpful to you?

The second page shows the Weldon fuel pump controller and their boost-a-pump. Just something you might consider if you plan on running a large pump. Personally my Weldon flowed 290gph @ 40psi and 260gph @ 80psi (again, Kinsler tests all the products prior to sending them out,and you get a flow sheet with each pump)...by comparison for flow numbers, the new Racetronix 450lph pump flows 115gph @ 40psi and ~90gph @ 80psi. The Weldon controller slows down the flow of the pump so you don't heat up your fuel or your pump under normal driving conditions. Something to think about to help with the longevity of your pump.

The 3rd page is something I found that shows ways to plumb your fuel system with dual-feed. Thought it might be handy for you to have.

Last pic is of the Weldon controller and hobbs switch it is activated by.

Hope some of this stuff helps you!

Last edited: