Full Alky Reservoir Dry after a long Drive? Alkycontrol Kit.

fireberd350

Installed Razors Kit in March 09. Haven't drove the car much since, maybe 1k miles and used about 5 gallons of Alky. Never had a leak or any issues. Today the car was on an 8 hour drive to its new home and the new owner reported the reservoir was bone dry upon arrival. Any ideas on what would cause this ?

For what it's worth the reservoir was topped off 2 weeks ago and hasn't leaked an ounce since and been driven about 100 miles.

Also, the knob was set to 6 and the car has a custom TurboTweak Alky chip.

leaking feed line or considering the age the pump head

odds are the pump is leaking but any leak below the tank could drain it
even check the filter and lines to it for a crack

Fill the tank with washer fluid.. the blue stuff and look for leaks. The dye should making finding the leak easy.

The reason for the washer fluid is that methanol evaporates easy. So small leaks are hard to trace easily.. unlike washer fluid which doesnt evap.

Now... dont race with with the washer fluid.. only use it for leak detection. You can wrap the pump with paper towel and hit the test button. or go into boost. If after a short burst the paper is wet with blue dye.. the pump is needing service.

More than likely the pump needs to be rebuilt. No biggie. Part of maintenance.

Fill the tank with washer fluid.. the blue stuff and look for leaks. The dye should making finding the leak easy.

The reason for the washer fluid is that methanol evaporates easy. So small leaks are hard to trace easily.. unlike washer fluid which doesnt evap.

Now... dont race with with the washer fluid.. only use it for leak detection. You can wrap the pump with paper towel and hit the test button. or go into boost. If after a short burst the paper is wet with blue dye.. the pump is needing service.

More than likely the pump needs to be rebuilt. No biggie. Part of maintenance.

Thx Julio, Great service as always. I'll share the info. I just find it strange that it went from never leaking to dispersing a full tank overnight.

Maybe the guy was hammering on it during the trip home.

Thats probably what happened during the 8 hour trip. And he was more than likely enjoying the feel of the boost kicking in and not checking the level of the alky when he stopped for gas, since this is a new car to him.

To reply... I am the new owner of fireberds' GN. First off, I was checking the cars boost a lil on the way home, but no where nearly enough to blast through the alky tank. Come to find out, I ordered a new pump from Razor online (the one with the rubber boot around it, the one on the car was the older style. When I was swapping the pumps out I noticed that the line from the pump to the inline filter was leaking right at the fitting. The end was just cracked and could not seat right. So I went to a shop & had them make a new line. Then all back together, system is probably better than it was with a new pump on there too.....