Full shielded foot solid lifters with 109 block?

Turbo1dr

9 Sec Wanna-Be
I have solid lifters that look like this...

lifter-solid.jpg

But I need solid lifters that look like this...

lifter-hyd.jpg

Who makes a solid lifter with the full shielded foot like the one pictured above? The Full Throttle 220-224 cam with .530 intake and .545 exhaust makes the lifter uncover the oil gallery ever so slightly. If the base circle of the cam was a .100" smaller there would be no problems. I think there should be standards set when making parts for these Buick V6 engines.:rolleyes: Anyway, I don't want hyd lifters because I've never had a set that was quiet enough to satisfy me in the past.:D

I think that TA performance has them. BTW what is the base circle on the cam?? Mine is @.923 and it is a 224/224 with .560 lift(1.60rockers) and the lifters dont uncover the oil galley. i have crane lifters. jeremy

And the solids are quiet??? Please, explain!:confused: Thanks.

When solid lifters are adjusted properly they are quiet. Ramp speeds of the roller cams tend to collapse the hyd lifters and make them noisey at low rpm such as idle.

I think that TA performance has them. BTW what is the base circle on the cam?? Mine is @.923 and it is a 224/224 with .560 lift(1.60rockers) and the lifters dont uncover the oil galley. i have crane lifters. jeremy

The base circle of my old ATR billet cam measures between 1.018" to 1.020" on all the lobes.

The base circle of the New Comp Cams 220-224 measures 1.060" to 1.082". That's a lot of variance if you ask me. Not very uniform in the machining process.:mad:

I just called TA Performance and ordered a billet set-up that works with everything. So if anyone is interested in a BRAND NEW 220-224 with .530 .545 lift it's for sale along with a BRAND NEW Roll Master timing chain.