Funny things said about your Buick.

ITSONLYABUICK

How fast could it be?
I was eating lunch at Panera today. I was sitting right bu the door with my car parked right outside. After a few minutes there were a couple dudes looking at it and talking. I hear one of them say "It's a Chevy Monte Carlo SS with a Buick grille." To his credit there are no badges on my car, but still pretty funny.

"Is that a Monte Carlo?" seems to be a common question from those who are uneducated to our cars.

That's funny. I've heard a lot over the years but not that one.

"My dad worked for Buick when these were being made, he brought one home that had the twin turbo V8 in it" Who hasn't heard that one.

The cable guy came to my house to do some work and saw my T-type in the garage. He noted the turbo emblems and said "Yeah, I used to have one just like that except mine was a Monte Carlo and it had the super rare turbo-diesel in it." Uuummm...OK.

I have people ask me about my T Type " Is that a Grand National painted blue?"

had mine parked in my buddys drive way at a bbq last summer. and his bro-inlaw said could some one move that cutlass out the way its blocking in my honda... lol... i just looked at my boy and smiled. CLUE LESS i said...

had mine parked in my buddys drive way at a bbq last summer. and his bro-inlaw said could some one move that cutlass out the way its blocking in my honda... lol... i just looked at my boy and smiled. CLUE LESS i said...

I wouldn't have moved it. He said Gutlass, so let him find that owner.

Oh did I say Gutlass? I meant Cutlass. :biggrin:

Hey Moparkid, what do you have Moparwise? I've got a 68 (almost done) and 69 Charger (needs restored).

Had a '68 and '69 Charger R/T myself. Also had a '74 Cuda with a 440/Keisler 5sp conversion. The '68 R/T was my first, and I can't begin to describe how much I miss that car. I plan to have another within the next couple years :)

Seems a lot of Mopar guys have/drive/converted to TR's.

Yeah, I hear "nice monte carlo" almost everytime I take it out, I just got to the point now where I just say "Thanks" and drive on.

The one thing that always baffles me is when someone is interested in looking at the car and learning about it, whether they know jack about cars or not, when I get to the engine and they find out it's a sixer they just lose interest and look disapointed. Oh well, peoples mindset is bigger is better.

"hey, you looking to sell that, what you want for it?" -your first born.:eek:

"is that the twin turbo?" -no, they're all v6 single from factory. "its not a v6, it says 8 sfi turbo on your hood." -its supposed to be 3.8...

:rolleyes:lol true story.