You can type here any text you want

Gainesville Raceway fri night, 1st time with TTA there.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

syclone01

I just got another tta last wed...38k miles all stock!!! I decided to go down to gainesville, FL fri to see what it would run before the onslaught of mods. I've had several other tta's and Gn's , over the years, couple running low 11's. So I figured I'd take the car and get a baseline. With wore out old dry gatorbacks...it ran 13.5 at 100.50 , 1/8 8.7 at 82mph...about what they ran new back in 89...It got a 2.1 60ft pulled real well to about 80mph then kinda fell on it's face. I could hear the exhaust, sounded like it was trying to get out of there awful bad!!! I haven't done anything to the car at all. I pretty much outran all of the mustangs there, and most of the ls1 cars that were on regular radials...They couldn't believe the "gta" as most thought it was. Seems most of the guys, especially the stang crowd have never heard about the tta's. Just a v6 I told them. ANyways, I look forward to the upcoming mods, most of the stuff is on order. Heads, cam, turbo, downpipe, front mount, alky, exhaust, electric cutout, spohn torque arm, lca's, etc...most other mods we normally do to these cars. Look forward to schooling the newer boys on what the v6 can do. I plan to just put on the exhaust and downpipe first, then turn up the boost to see what i can get out of it. I had brought along my new et streets and since I had only had the car 2 days prior to taking it to the track, didn't notice the locking lugs, and of course I don't have the key, so I had to run it on the about bald gatorbacks. I did order the lock key last night. I'll post results as they happen.
Damon Carter
Waycross, GA

I wanted to go down and watch but figured nobody I knew would be down there.

Congrats on the new TTA. Sounds like we both got one at the same time. I'm glad you posted your times. I was wondering what a stock TTA would run. I can't wait to get mine to the track. Keep us posted on your progress.

Damon, Are you they guy that is friends with Jason Fiveash? I'm a good friend of his from Douglas....Those are some good times you ran stock! Ya need to come over to Southern Dragway sometime with us.

jason's friend

that was me, wanted a baseline.....jason went that same night..he ran 7.4?? and 11.75 1.602 60ft's...heard he was at douglas today...he ran 7.4?? he needs to work on the top end trap speed...he's losing trap speed somehow...92 in 1/8 and only 113 in 1/4.....he has ran almost 117 and that was in warmer weather...You will see the tta running some times here shortly...got the smk kit , turbo , downpipe, cam. exhaust, cut out, electric quicktime performance valve...vigilante...etc...on the way, new fuel pump also...this is the 3rd tta i've had...

Damon, I went out there today....Jason ran a best of 7.60@90 today...he was on pump gas and lower boost I think. That's a lot of mods you got on the way....you will like the SMC alky kit...I have ran my best times on it...I run 21psi all the time with a 108 chip! One of the best mods by far.

times

talked to jason tonight, he said he ran 2 7.4??'s..couple 7.5 and 7.6 etc...he ran 8 times...did you see him run everytime? I look forward to getting the ta to the track..i have my new et streets...sphon torque arm and lca on the way also...50#inj, some chips headed here also. plus doing stuff with my 2 vettes....heads and cam on one, the other is my ongoing stroker motor project, 96 LT4 6spd, with 396 stroker....car looks just like Tiffany's brothers car, the silver collector edition. i want to take my 2002 zx12r to douglas...it should run some 115mph+trap in 1/8th speeds.....nothing like rolling out my driveway and within 100 yards turning a low 10 or high 9 sec quarter mile!!! pretty much anything i get in feels slow after getting off the bike. I hear next weekend is the last time douglas is open till jan....don't know if I"ll have the car ready by then....would really like to get the downpipe and cut out on, I'll run the car with the stock turbo and intercooler for a while first....see how fast I can get it...should easily get into the 7's looking for 7.6's I think it will run it pretty easily. especailly with the torque converter is in....
damon

Ya we did leave early....so he did get a 7.4 out of it...good! We just saw him run about 4-5 times. Ya man you should be able to get in the 7's on stock stuff...I got a 7.96@86 out of my buick with the stock turbo and inj....I know the TTA's are somewhat faster than the buicks so it should be strollin'! So ya got an LT4 too? man that 396 should run! Jason told me you have a C5....man I'd like to see that bike run. Douglas does close after the 20th...but opens back up on jan 5th. on sundays from 1-5. hope to see ya there.

Back