Galaxy Samsung SIII

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy S3 soon. I am with Tmobile. I have read a lot of good review about this phone. Anyone here dislike it?

Is there a Built in GPS navigation feature? Would like to get a new garmin gps for my car. But if the s3 has a good Automotive GPS feature, I may give up on stand alone gps systems.

I've been on the fence. My son tells me to go with the i-phone, but for some reason I'm drawn to the galaxy.
I'm about ready to put my brick on the shelf......

Yes, it has navi.

My 18 year old techie son LOVES his.

I bought one on launch day. I think Shane bought his because I raved about mine so much.

I hate Samsung. I swore Id never buy another Samsung phone after the Sprint Galaxy 2 but with the EVO LTE bombing, I didnt have much of a choice. Im glad I gave it a chance, its a great phone. Samsung got it right this time.

One advantage of using your phone's gps versus a stand alone Gps is the phone maps are constantly updates while the standalone usually requires a fee for an annual update

David

One advantage of using your phone's gps versus a stand alone Gps is the phone maps are constantly updates while the standalone usually requires a fee for an annual update

David

A lot of the phone GPS apps are the same way but Waze, Google Maps, etc arent. Tom Tom, Garmin and all the others that offer GPS software for the phones still try to bleed you for maps.

Truthfully, Waze is the best thing going for navigation on a phone.

I bought one on launch day. I think Shane bought his because I raved about mine so much.

I hate Samsung. I swore Id never buy another Samsung phone after the Sprint Galaxy 2 but with the EVO LTE bombing, I didnt have much of a choice. Im glad I gave it a chance, its a great phone. Samsung got it right this time.

can you tell me more about your 2 and why you hated it?

I just bought one for my wife, i hope i wont regret it!

can you tell me more about your 2 and why you hated it?

I just bought one for my wife, i hope i wont regret it!

The radio in it sucks.. at least for Sprint. GSM versions are probably awesome but Samsung really struggles with CDMA stuff. The G3 is the first CDMA device they have gotten right.

Chit! Thanks for the heads up!

return button return button!

I filed FCC, BBB and Attorney General complaints against Sprint because of that phone. They may have gotten the radio up to snuff by now with software upgrades but I bought mine on launch day and while the phone itself was great, the actual phone calling making ability of that phone was the worst Ive ever had.

I filed FCC, BBB and Attorney General complaints against Sprint because of that phone. They may have gotten the radio up to snuff by now with software upgrades but I bought mine on launch day and while the phone itself was great, the actual phone calling making ability of that phone was the worst Ive ever had.

see and thats my problem now! I have sprint.... im not super happy with them anymore.... but i havent had a contract in 4 years.... and im rocking the unlimited data.... so i stay...

I have a HTC Evo shift, and its a hair puller with the service sometimes. my wife has one of the old school rumors... and its constantly getting chucked around the house because it drops calls. I was going to get her a Sammy G3 but at like 600 bucks.... i dunno if i could handle that thing being thrown around. So i was opting for the Sammy G2............. but now you tell me its weak ass too.... dammit........ I dont wanna go to verizon!

damned if I do.... damned if I dont.

Thanks Jay.

Galaxy S3:
If it does not have service......could it still be used as a GPS device? I end up in various parts of the world. Mostly Europe and Eastern Europe. I would not want to be ROAMING and rack up a huge bill if I use the GPS nav service. How is the Battery life of the S3?

I have had my S3 for a little over two months now and I love it. I was so done with droid after the X was GARBAGE! A buddy convinced me to try this one over the Iphone and I don't regret. It has a great screen and great features. I run it on Verizon and get pretty solid 4G speed as well.

I ordered Iphone 5 for wife and from everything I can tell so far I have to give it to apple, they manage to Re-sell the same phone to people every year with very little changes. But it is a good phone that gets the job done and it does have a little better battery life at the cost of a small screen.

Both are great phones and will not disappoint!

I switched from a 4S to the Galaxy S3. Simply the best phone I have ever used. Very user friendly, plenty of features, AMAZING screen resolution. The picture is.. Insane and HUGE. I also take a lot of videos and pictures using my phone, so the 1080p video recording is AWESOME. Coming from iPhone, I don't know a lot of the ins and outs of android, but a lot of my die hard friends are teaching me things. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this phone again!

Will the Telnav App work when I in another country and just want to use it as a GPS?

Just got the GS3 the other day and I can honestly say this phone is Awesome!