Gas Profits

That's why we need to kick the gas habit ASAP!!!!!! Then they'll want to bomb us because we took away their toys. I say if you buy anything new that gets less than 30 mpg on the highway you should be ashamed!!!!! If that means you have to change your life style...so be it......

b231v6 said:
That's why we need to kick the gas habit ASAP!!!!!! Then they'll want to bomb us because we took away their toys. I say if you buy anything new that gets less than 30 mpg on the highway you should be ashamed!!!!! If that means you have to change your life style...so be it......
DO YOU LIVE HERE....IN THE U.S. DO ALL YOUR VEHICLES GET 30MPG. HOW MANY NEW VEHICLES THAT GET 30MPG ARE YOU COMFORTABLE WITH DRIVING YOUR FAMILY IN OR TRYING TO PULL INTO TRAFFIC WITH. WE PAY THE LIONS SHARE FOR FUEL, WHY SHOULD WE KEEP COWARING TO EVERY F---ING THING. THAT IS WHY WE ARE IN THE SHAPE THAT WE ARE IN. I'M TIRED OF IT. JM F'ING O!!!!!

I just bought a new car. It is a little Nissan Sentra that rated at 34 mpg on the highway,and yes I have a family,and yes I can freely merge onto the highway, and yes we as DOOOO!!!! have a responsibility.Obvisously SOME people don't see the big picture. :eek:

And if you read my post carefully----I said new cars--- OR even trucks. If your one of those people who drives a pick-up or big sport-ute because everybody else does. Then don't blame people or industries that jack up the price and live like KINGS because we won't change our ways out of stupidity.

Look at the American auto industry. They are letting their one of their little dirty secrets out. The---- you pay what we pay crap. The regular consumers should've been paying that already. POINT IS maybe we should stop using gas frivolously during a time of FRICKEN war.

Toyota has plans for 8-10 hybrid models, I see the American auto industry is another leader in this area--yeah right.

And as for safety in size-- size does help,so does paying attention on the roadway.

We can't control everything,but there are things we can!!! SO DO YOUR PART!!!!!

I've got lots of performance parts on my GN and I still get 25 miles to the gallon on the highway. Maybe that tells you what's neat about these cars.

Patriotic,yes ---thats why I DON'T WANT TO GIVE MONEY TO THEIR WAR DRIVE---THAT'S NOT VERY PATRIOTIC OR SMART.... ;)

What do you have on the GN that helps it get that kind of mileage?
Isn't that pretty high mileage for a modified GN?

I've got a .30 over roller with TRW's a 204 cam with1:55 lift. ESP race heads,ported Manifold,Accufab plenum with a 65 throttlebody,v4 intercooler,alhky BGC 2 3/4 inch exhaust with magnaflows,p51 turbo,turbo tweak chip for 57lber's,Dynomax tranny,with 3000 lockup converter.s&b 7 inch air filter,catch can and numerous other add-ons. I get 14-15 mpg in the city and 25 on the highway.

Just because you the ability to blow the doors off tons of people,does'nt me you have to drive foolishly.

The last long road trip I took was the 2004 U.S. grand prix to indy. My car was running poorly with a miss-adjusted cam sensor cap(that's another story) and I still got 24.1 mpg there and back. Probably cause I went 65 and did'nt constantly use the boost.

Look at the American auto industry. They are letting their one of their little dirty secrets out. The---- you pay what we pay crap. The regular consumers should've been paying that already.

THAT IS WHY WE ARE IN THE SHAPE THAT WE ARE IN. I'M TIRED OF IT. JM F'ING O!!!!!

Patriotic,yes

I just bought a new car. It is a little Nissan Sentra

The Japanese economy thanks you for your "patriotism". And remember, your money went to Japan, not to an American-based company (you had a choice). World economy, freedom, whatever.... you supported the Japanese over your own people period. I'll be taking your advice fer sure bud. :rolleyes:

AS SOON AS AMERICANS CAN BUILD SOMETHING WORTH A SH*** I WILL. :cool: AND NOT WITH TRYING TO PIMP ME WITH A SCAM LIKE YOU PAY WHAT WE PAY---BITE ME IACCCOOOOCA!!! JUST LIKE HE SAYS "IF YOU CAN BY A BETTER CAR BUT IT" THANK YOU I WILL,and I did. and he also says that his car company will maintain it's resale better that ford or gm. WOW he lft out honda,toyota and nissan.

The last time I looked we are at war with terrorists from the mid-east.Who sell us oil. So if I have to make a small concession to benefit the bigger picture I will. As my father says...If you can find a better car,BUY it.

My father is 83 and fought in the Pacific in world war 11. Thats when we accually had limits on our use of items such as gas and rubber.

When American auto manufacturers scap three quarters of the junk they market to us. They say we build ugly pick-ups with goobs of plastics fender panels (GM)because that's what the consumer wants.

Is there anyone one this board that can't remember 1973, STOP making excuses! it's not like this problem just started. Remember gas lines,gas stations out of gas,cars sitting on the side of the road--JEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Thank the load the Japanese starting shipping cars over the ocean. Otherwise, the only thing that would have changed in the auto industry, would be that they would need a bigger sledge hammer to get the fenders to fit..

It's because of outside manufacturers why we have decent cars now. NOT..AND I MEAN NOT !!because of Americans builders.

Wells said:
What do you have on the GN that helps it get that kind of mileage?
Isn't that pretty high mileage for a modified GN?

Yeah, its amazing all these people with highly modded cars pulling the same mpg as factory stock.... :rolleyes:]

another is all these guys who waived their patriotic flag 'support the troops', and drive away in their IMPORT

Plan on natural gas ,fuel oil, and propane skyrocketing this winter. :mad: Wonder if the Japs make a good furnace? :biggrin:

In one post he claims he's patriotic and in another he's says we can't build a car worth a s#$t so he buys a nissan. This is rich :rolleyes:

TURBOT2496 I don't think you even know what patiotic even means!!! Maybe you should read my posts a little closer--- then go out to your shed in the alley and sit on your shovel you use to shovel sh** with and push your brains closer to where they belong!! NOW thats rich! ;)

b231v6 said:
AS SOON AS AMERICANS CAN BUILD SOMETHING WORTH A SH*** I WILL.

You need to check out the Cobalts.

BTW, there's ALOT more going on when you buy foreign then just buying a car. The Japanese have without exception, from what I've read been able to bargain for all sorts of tax breaks, when building here or importing their cars. Care to guess what the lack of paying taxes does to the overall economy, and infrastructure?. While for some it's nice to ignore all the ramifications of their actions, there's alot going on, that people complain about that they're causing. If your car was built abroad, guess where you helped one American job move to. While maybe Detroit hasn't had the best products, at least they're (or were) helping to keep America economically healthy.