Gas Tank???

Thanks again. I am going to order the autozone tank today if I get a chance. Does it come silver or is it sprayed with undercoating to prevent rust? Do I need to get some tank liner to seal it or should everything be ok? I ordered a 340M pump to replace the mystery in my tank now so this should be fun :D

Prolly comes uncoated metal. Get some rustoleum primer and then some black or silver rustoleum paint. Then a final layer of black tarlike undercoating crap.

Don't forget to check to see that the tank comes with the proper filler neck when you order it. Otherwise it will delay your install.

Might have to install a neck on the new tank.

Good luck.

Originally posted by QuickWE4
Same here...

I couldn't find a GM tank in good condition (and I'm not paying 350+ for something that looksl like it fell off the back of a UPS truck). that's why I went with the Spectra Premium.

not meaning to bring up an old post, but something doesn't actually have to fall off the UPS truck in order to look like ****, they beat **** up just traveling with the truck closed. I know osmeone that worked at UPS, and he said that when the big trucks come in, hardly anything is strapped down and it looks like someone was playing drop kick the boxes intothe tr4uck when they were loading it.