You can type here any text you want

Gasket question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dmarx

OK, here we go, that lost soul is doin' some searching for turbo exhast gaskets. What gasket goes from the turbo to the right side intake, also for the cross over pipe gaskets. Lookin' in my buick book, but no luck. Is there a reference?
Dan

I think you are referring to the uppipe. The tube from the right (passenger) side exhuast manifold to the turbo inlet? There are no gasket's on either connection. Bother are flare style fittings.

Same goes for the crossover pipe which connects the right and left exhaust manifolds - no gaskets.

The only gasket that exists in the entire turbo system is the ones that go between the heads and manifolds (ive ran both, i dont think they leak either way. I have them in now just because I have the tubular manifolds) and one that goes between the drivers side manifold and the air diverter valve to keep exhaust in the intake when the engine is cold. Not even sure there is supposed to be one, I just had one to be safe. If it was milled or even flat im sure it wouldnt be needed.

After blowing out several exhaust manifold gaskets, I quit using them. They didn't have them from the factory. :eek:

Back