You can type here any text you want

Gateway (St. Louis) GSCA Club track event @ Gateway

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Keller

GNTTYPE Founder
OK...the first shot at some "club nights" at the track didn't work so well...

On July 24th, two cars raced, and two other clubmembers showed to cheer them on. The 27th, which featured the "supercharged" class, was rained out.

So...how about we try this again...

The Gateway GSCA will be going to Gateway GSCA for their Street Tire night this Tuesday, August 7th and for their monthly Supercharged Showdown class on Friday, August 10th.

Either night welcomes the everyday street tire bracket racer. Our goal on Friday night is to saturate their Supercharged Showdown class with Turbo Regals and assure a Regal victory! The V8 cars can come out and run in the open Test & Tune - same price!

Doors open at 5:00 PM, test and tune starts at 6:00 PM. Be sure to bring you helmet, long pants, closed shoes, etc. Any questions, just ask.

BE THERE!

I'm going to run on Friday. Hopefully, we can put a Buick in the winners circle. Anybody else going to play?

Craig

Anybody going??? I know it's gonna be hot this Friday. It's a bracket race anyway. Just turn down the boost a little and run it consistantly.

Craig

I'll be there on Friday.
I got 455 air conditioning. :rolleyes:
4 windows down, 55MPH.

The Electra 225 will be making the scene.

ElectraJim

I will try to make Friday night...

Got some sticky tires and I'm itching to make a 13 second pass with the boat!

I'll come out and cheer you guys on. My car is down for the rest of the season. Be ready for next year for sure!!;)

Just to be clear - will they allow N/A cars to run on Friday night, being the supercharged showdown? I'd hate to get there and be turned down for some test & tune.

Yes, N/A cars can run test and tune only. On this Friday, it's supercharged showdown (supercharged/turbo cars), stick shift eliminator (all stick cars), Jr. dragsters, and test and tune for anybody else. So, can make practice runs with Electra Jim.

Craig

Slicks? I don't see why not.

Gateway International Raceway

Friday Night Super Series / Holzhuaer Jr. Dragster Summer Shootout #2 / Racer Quick 16 / Drag News All Star Tour
Gates Open: 4:30 PM
Track goes hot: 6 PM

Junior Dragster: $20 (4 classes: 8-9, 10-12, 13 and up, outlaw 330)
Bracket classes: $150 win, $50 r/u
Outlaw 330: $300 win, $200 r/u, $100 3rd, $50 4th

Super Stick Eliminator and Supercharged Showdown: $20
Winner/Runner Up: split 100% Payout (75/25) ($10 for entry, $10 for payout)
Super Stick: any stick vehicle, must leave line with clutch
Supercharged Showdown: any force-inducted vehicle, “no box” class

Open Test and Tune: $20

Tonight

How fast are the cars that will be running tonight? I have a 10 sec. GN and I am trying to decide if I want to go tonight. My race track for Sunday is called off because of the heat. i run slicks also no box.

How fast are the cars that will be running tonight? I have a 10 sec. GN and I am trying to decide if I want to go tonight. My race track for Sunday is called off because of the heat. i run slicks also no box.

I will race that 10 sec GN. Come on out, it should be fun having a few GN's there.I will take it easy on you and only run an 11.5 or so to make sure you win. ;)

Put my drag radials on last night and topped off the alky tank. I am ready.

be sure take some pics so those of us that cant go can see the action we missed out on

Back