Gathering in Myrtle Beach in August

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
Would anyone be interested in a possible weekend gathering towards the end of August first of September?? Maybe come down Friday and leave Sunday. Just gonna kick this around and wait for some response. :cool:

Yeah yeah...I caught the drift listening to you and Pat talk on the phone that this is a boys weekend out. No problem, I am off to Breakers at Myrtle Beach this weekend...ahhhh, could someone pass my Seagram's cooler over to the lazy river please :D

NCTyphoon said:
Yeah yeah...I caught the drift listening to you and Pat talk on the phone that this is a boys weekend out. No problem, I am off to Breakers at Myrtle Beach this weekend...ahhhh, could someone pass my Seagram's cooler over to the lazy river please :D

What :confused: No this ain't a boys weekend, anyone can come but if your going to be stuck-up :D about it then stay at the house. LOL

Also what Pat and I were referring to is a later time anyhow.

I would be up for it if i had the time off, hoping i would get a weekend off sometime soon, have only had 1 since the end of May.

slider252 said:
I would be up for it if i had the time off, hoping i would get a weekend off sometime soon, have only had 1 since the end of May.

I agree with you however it seems that not a lot of people have an opinion on this so hopefully it will change over the next week or so. I figured that this post would have seen more replies than it has so far. We'll just wait and see.

Dang...sure can tell it is hot in NC this week :rolleyes: ....Clint, have you thought about late Sept or mid Oct?(Since Buicks at Bristol doesn't exist anymore) Rates are way down then, pick a nice resort hotel to be the host hotel, everybody could book at the same place.

NCTyphoon said:
Dang...sure can tell it is hot in NC this week :rolleyes: ....Clint, have you thought about late Sept or mid Oct?(Since Buicks at Bristol doesn't exist anymore) Rates are way down then, pick a nice resort hotel to be the host hotel, everybody could book at the same place.

Kewl, I need you to set it all up then :D That sounds good to me. Do you mind??

count me inn

Hey cheryl

count me inn on that idea. you just better not even think i'm going to sleep on a roll away bed this go round. like i did @ the syty nats :)

thoughts of being folded up in it and being shoved in the elevator are a thing of the past now :)

SYTY 2K

Where is the KAK?

So I guess we're waiting on Cheryl to report on her visit to the Breakers? Decent looking place from what the web pictures showed. Rates after labor day go down to 75-90 per night.

kh440 said:
So I guess we're waiting on Cheryl to report on her visit to the Breakers? Decent looking place from what the web pictures showed. Rates after labor day go down to 75-90 per night.

And if several of us won't mind sharing that can be really cheap. Can get 4-5 of us in a room to split the $$$.

Breakers was a nice place, just make SURE you book for Paradise Tower! We were booked in the main resort hotel. The A/C did not work Thursday(remember how HOT it was Thursday??). After complaining and them trying to fix it 2x, they moved us to a room in the Paradise Tower. Wow, the difference was like staying in a trailer park and staying at a country club. The room was 100% better. And they didn't charge us for Thursday, so they have my vote on customer service.
You guys can decide when and if you want to do a get together there. Looks like I am going to be heading for more wrist surgery in the near future pending some more tests. This one will be a bit more lengthy recovery than the one before, so I am waiting on my doc appointment to find out what he is planning. Either way between work and surgery, I doubt if I will be able to go until after I have surgery, since I will be out of work for a while then. Right now I am guessing it will be late Sept before it happens.

sorry to hear that Cheryl, date isn't set in stone, if another weekend would be better that's no problem.

Talked to a few people up in this area and we're interested. Problem is everytime I commit to one of these little get-togethers something very bad strikes either me or the car.

kh440 said:
sorry to hear that Cheryl, date isn't set in stone, if another weekend would be better that's no problem.

I agree, everyone just needs to get together and decide what is best for them then we can decide what to do, if we do anything at all. :)

C. thanks for calling lol :) Hubby and I might make this gathering hope your wife can make it.I'll let you know what weekend I'm off, it'll be nice to have a weekend gathering before the cold weather gets here.