You can type here any text you want

Gauge parts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

By-Tor

Does anyone know where I can get new Hobbs switches?

Attachments

• Picture 004-2.JPG
    Picture 004-2.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 107
I'm kinda thinking that these switches are gonna have to be replaced with a newer style of boost gauge. Does anyone have a particular one they use?

You could use the Hobbs switch from a 84-87 SFI TR. It's one switch that controls both lights. Just wire up the yellow to one terminal and the red/orange to the other wire. They are discontinued from GM but you can buy a new part from GBodyParts.com Online

55 dollars, good lord that a lot of money! I have two, won't I need to replace both? Are they both the same(mine vs. the GN one)?

No you just need the one to replace both of yours. Your originals are only one wire. The SFI one has two wires. One high, one low.

But really wouldn't be better to replace the gauge with a brand new one?
If I was going to, what would I get?

You don't really have a gauge, just a couple of lights. I'd get them working and add a seperate boost gauge on the A-pillar. A 30-0-20 vacuum boost gauge from auto meter is what I like.

Check the wiring and vac lines, fuses, etc. If you think they are bad after that just leave them be until you come across some on the board, ebay, or something else. Yup the silver backed guages ooks pretty good in the old regals:cool: Just as well get them all and get it over with. Either buickgn or arizonagn has the cheapest prices on tripple guage pods.

Back