You can type here any text you want

Gauging interest, Hydroboost install write up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I ordered a hydroboost setup for my GN from Bob at Power Brake Services.com. I talked to him at length about what I was getting into and he answered all my questions. I'll be recieving the kit next week sometime and was thinking of doing a write up with detailed pictures.

Would there be any interest in this?

Doug D

Absolutely. This is a conversion that I plan on doing in the short future. I t would be nice to see what Im getting into.

I was going to do a step by step write up as well but won't be installing mine for another month so if you beat me to it it'll save me the time. :biggrin:

I ordered mine a few weeks ago and last week received the Hydroboost unit and master cylinder but am still waiting for the line kit, reservoir and filter.......I hope it gets here soon in case the weather breaks.

I think it would be helpful. I'm thinking about the hydroboost, but would like to know what all is involved with the install before purchasing.

I would defintely be interested. I want to do the conversion, just limited by money right now. A write up would be nice ahead of time to see what I'm getting myself in to.

I too am planning to do this in the near future. Did you go with the ss hoses or the standard rubber?

I just ordered a kit from Bob too. I will post pics when I get it. Should look good when installed. Mostly looking forward to good brakes.

I ended up going with the plain aluminum master and black (standard) hydroboost. They look nice as is and polished versions would look out place in my engine compartment which is clean/neat but relatively bling free.

I also got the full stainless hose set (including return), new reservoir and aluminum filter. If these parts don't show up soon I'll have to call and see what's up......no mention of a backorder in my paperwork, just that they shipped seperately.

Powerbrakes

You guys will definately like the hydroboost system . What's funny is the set of instructions that came with our system had to have been typed by POWERBRAKEBOB BECAUSE IT WAS TYPED WITH THE CAP LOCK ON MADE IT HARD TO READ.. :eek:

Pretty straight forward to install. Dreamcar installed his without taking off any accessories was able to get to power steering pump from the bottom with a lift you have to jack her up pretty good to get under and have any leverage on those PS hoses on the PSP from bottom. I had to put on a new AC commpressor so I worked from top took off alt. and AC compr. also took serpt. belt off and was able to reach pump easier. If you have a front mount cake walk... you have more room..Believe They have the SS hoses outsourced don't believe they are made inhouse, because HB/MC unit came weeks before hoses showed up.

If you need help getting the ball rolling with order, when you call ask for the gal at the front desk Jackson actually she usually answers anyway she is their one woman customer service the backbone one heck of a gal. POWERBRAKEBOB gets too busy he actually kind of dropped the ball on our order. Turned out better anyway cuz she hooked me up. Call her she can research your order find out where your stuff is she'll get you taken care of. Don't get me wrong POWERBRAKEBOB is cool but Action Jackson gets it done.

Have fun actually enjoyed the install 1st time ever doing a brake system like that. It will stop you and you don't have to worry about having a glove box full of 30 amp fuses. Oh yeah used a Zipsaw to enlarge hole in firewall you have to enlarge it about a 1/4" well I ended up with the larger unit. Just take your time and not try to take too much metal off at a time or you will bind the tungsten carbide bit and go thru a few like I did. Zip smooth slowly and don't Zag or the cutter will snap.

Lines lines lines late late late

The Hydroboost unit came via UPS and the Hoses come Pony Express. Give the gal Action Jackson she'll get the ball rolling and find out the status of them hoses. Believe they're out sourced. You getting the SS lines? Hope you get them soon so you can post the pics of the install. It will be worth the wait there's nothing like having confidence in your braking system.

Back