You can type here any text you want

Gave a VR4 3000 GT 3 cars and the move

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackshoebox

Staff member
Was out sat. with my g/f cruising home from the beach when i just happen to pull behind this 3000 gt with a rims, exhaust, and a ton of gauges in it. He had been picking on a civic, so I figured why not be the spoiler, and pick on this chump.;) So i pulled up behind the guy and just waited for him to take off at the light against this guy in the civic, but this time when he punched it off the light i waited maybe a few seconds to start rolling and then floor boarded it, the guy in the 3000 gt was shocked when i just cruised by and proceed to put another 3-4 cars on him before shutting down at about 95. Then the guy in the honda pulled up and said, "Ur the man" and gave the the thumbs up for laying the smack down, meanwhile the 3000 gt just made a u-turn and seemed a little disgusted:D

Shoebox

Nice kill Alex...

I'm installing my alky kit some time this week, and I hope I get the same results as u... BTW, I would take it easy with the street racing cause the last thing u need is more costly speeding tickets... Just a friendly suggestion;)

Ya, I know, cops down here suck. Was a pretty clear stretch so i figured oh well...was a nice kill though..Alcohol rules..next in line for some asswhoopings...any f-body i run into. I got a score to settle with those chumps.

Shoebox

Yeah, and now they can't complain about u needing race gas cause now u don't need it:D I'm sure they'll have their bottles ready to go since all they got is spray!!! I wonder if they'll call u a cry baby LOL ;)

how much does one of those alcohol kits cost to have setup and then maintained? like how much is the alcohol itself and how often do you have to refill? i'm assuming that its something you can activate right? what other mods are recommended before hookin one of them up? just curious, thanks.

wishihadabuick

My car is fairly heavley modded..but the alcohol kit only serves as a detonation deter when running more the 15 psi on the 93 octane pump fuel..i would say if u plan on running more then 15 psi with a fairly stock buick and u wanna run a alky kit, first get some fuel injectors(maybe blue tops) and along with a fuel pump, and get the single nozzle kit..it can be activated from the car, and u can run as high as 23 psi on 93 octane:cool: ..Im not running that much on a daily basis, but have test mine up to that amount with zero knock outside of the first frame on the scanmaster from a dead stop punch..pretty impressive..in this particular race(my first with the alky kit) i had about 19 psi, and waxed the guy..the kit is by far the best investment for a street car u can make besides a scanmaster another must have if ur going to run alky and tune the car right.

Shoebox

I think I paid about $369 for my dual nozzel SMC alky kit (the single nozzel might be cheaper and many guys get the kit for about 300 to $320 with the group purchases) as far as the cost of the denatured alcohol I paid about $18 for two gallons, but I think u can get it cheaper??? As far as how long it lasts it really depends on how much u use it, but I'm sure a gallon will last me a while cause I don't drive my car daily and even if u do drive it on a daily basis it should last a good 2 to 3 months if u only use it a couple times a month.

I'm waiting!!! =) Good kill, be careful though, cops are really cracking down, a fellow f-body friend just lost his car due to street racing. Be safe and try to keep it on the track.

LS1 T/A

That really sucks about your friend losing his car... If u don't mind me asking was it a organized street race where everyone meets somewhere (like how u guys meet at Fudds or Winners Circle) and then go out to a spot and race or was it a random street race like Alex had??? If it occured at an organized street race I'm not too surprised cause I heard the police are really cracking down on the organized races and with a lot of people it's really easy to attract the wrong kind of attention... I totally agree with keeping it on the track where it belongs:cool:

i think it was north of here at a car show and then later some street action on the way home that got him in trouble.

ls1 t/a

Not surprised one of your fellow f-body owners lost his car, seems to me a lot of your fellow f-body owners a far more street race happy then i ever was( ive had my car for almost 5 years now)..Unfortuanate regardless, thats the risk one takes them second they decide they are going to race. One of the reasons i completely gave up on the fuds. and towers scene, to many temptations. By the way, I seen some dial in numbers on your car the other day at school, looked like 13.20 or something, assuming your car has no other mods besides what u have told me(lid, exhaust, and the other free mods) how much u spraying to run 117-119 traps we discussed in an that last thread? Has to be more then the 75 shot u had a while back im guessing:confused: Just curious;)

Alex

Dont bet carried away there buddy, i was bracket racing at the cirtrus nationals, during the middle of the day. It didnt say my MPH did it??? I ran 2 passes at 10A.M and 12PM, you should know what heat does to cars and lets just say i broke out on my first pass in eliminations. I might be at the track Friday if you want to me up and have a few runs. And lets just say i was very pleased when i sprayed the car that day in third and fourth gear, boy was i happy. Hopefully i will have some even better numbers on friday, i'll let you know.

LS1 T/A

Dont bet carried away there buddy, i was bracket racing at the cirtrus nationals, during the middle of the day. It didnt say my MPH did it??? I ran 2 passes at 10A.M and 12PM, you should know what heat does to cars and lets just say i broke out on my first pass in eliminations. I might be at the track Friday if you want to me up and have a few runs. And lets just say i was very pleased when i sprayed the car that day in third and fourth gear, boy was i happy. Hopefully i will have some even better numbers on friday, i'll let you know.

Was just curious man? The last i remember your car went 13.2 at 108-109 on motor, so in order to go 117-119 or higher as you have been hinting your car does, i would figure your spraying 125-150 shot? Thats what im curious about, are u spraying more or is that top secret info?:confused: Either way, ill run ya when we can set something up. I could care less about what ur car traps, just wondering if ur running more spray then u were before? That would explain why u seem very cocky about how much faster ur car is then mine on spray, but if u only have 75 shot, then either u opened up that motor or ur full of $%#@:rolleyes: ..

Im just curious, since u know everything about my ride why not come clean, or will that only happen if and when we race and if u win or lose??

Alex

No secrets here, was a 75 shot when i ran you and now its 100 shot, car picks up 9-10 MPH on the 100 shot. I guess i have a good kit, so you can figure the rest out, i trap around 108(most likely 109 on good weather) and now add the 100 shot, she runs 117-119. E.T sucks cause its lowered and a 6 speed, so a 1.9 short would be great for me , while a 1.5 is what you are shooting for ..right? So at the track i would need a good light to match your short, thats why i would love to meet up at the track and have a few passes. I would have alot more going inot the car, but for now i am trying to by a crotch rocket, so the mods on the car have stopped.

Sounds good man, ill be going up to the track in a few weeks and u can meet me up there if you want. I'll let you know for sure, by then my car should be tuned and good to go.

Alex

Originally posted by OneLethal87GN
UMMMM??? You picked up HOW MANY mph with just a 25 hp increase in nitrous?:rolleyes:

His car goes 108-109 without the 75 shot that he raced me with that night. So im guessing his car went 113-116 on the 75 shot, and he now has a 100 shot, so the car probably picked up 3 more mph to go 117-119. I have to wonder if its more like 125-150 shot, but regardless the car is fast. Usually u don't gain exactly what the 'shot" is suppose to be, but i guess he has or he is sandbagging(lying about the shot size).

Shoebox

Now i have official numbers so you guys can stop second guesing me. Dyno: 417 RW/and 537 RWTQ on the 100 shot. around 80-90 RW from the 100 shot. The torque seems unreal, but its true. And i ran a 12.4@118 the night before with terrible shorts, i think it was the driver =) 2.29 60's.

Nice numbers, so the car put roughly 330-340 to the wheels off the bottle. The torque seems a little high, when you first spray the car, the torque really jumps along with the hsp, so i would assume the Torque # leveled out a little bit after the intial shot. As for your track time, impressive considering your short time, was that on drag radials?? Funny thing my car ran the same et, with less mph and my short was only 2 tenths better(2.1). :D

Alex

Back