Gawd make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Tony sy2356
My T type has a similar rattle.

It's the linkage from the tranny tp the steering column. The bushings wear and the rod that runs from the column to the sector makes just that noise.

Next time it does it grab the part of the column that twists when you shift gears and give it a bit of a turn. I betcha the noise goes away :)

Now how exactly you fix this I haven't bothered to figure out. Just no time for the T. It will be for sale come spring.

Tony

Anybody have a clue how to fix it lol, mine is doin the same thing

I need to get in there and see if it's the column itself or just the rod at the back rattling up through the column. I don't want to take the column apart but I will if necessary. For now, I can rotate the column sleeve left or right and stop the rattling.

TK

rattled "T"

Just putting my 2 cents in, I got the same noise, somewhere on the passenger side and to the front, I'm alittle hard of hearing so it hasn't made me crazy yet but its there.

I have it almost fixed.

1. The bushing at the column arm (where the rod down thet trans connects) was shot. Replaced it. This stopped the noise but not all of the slop.

2. The rubber bushings in the slots of the trans backet are shot. Can't get those seperate from the bracket so I will fabricate something or get a new bracket. This is where the column lock slop it from.

3. The cable eyelet at the floor shifter is worn oblong. This is where most of the shifter slop is. Dealer gave me the wrong cable (200C) rather than 200R4. 250 is different too. Waiting for the new cable.

4. The effervescent Mr. Weavy sent me a tight floor shifter too. This is the remainder of the shifter slop.

TK