You can type here any text you want

gbody bushings kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tsaltario

Still learning!!!!!
Hey, looking at buying the GN bushing kit from Gbody.com, on his website, they recommend hiring a body shop to have the swap done, as they need to lift the body off etc etc...

What is the difficulty level to do this swap in your garage?

I have access to air tools, jack stands etc... Is this worth trying? If not, any idea how long it would take a body shop to do?

Thanks guys.

not to bad of a job.........with about 6 students doing it!!!

Hey, looking at buying the GN bushing kit from Gbody.com, on his website, they recommend hiring a body shop to have the swap done, as they need to lift the body off etc etc...

What is the difficulty level to do this swap in your garage?

I have access to air tools, jack stands etc... Is this worth trying? If not, any idea how long it would take a body shop to do?

Thanks guys.
We have done 3 cars---the 1st was a "slow-go":confused: , but the others were not too bad.
We removed the front and rear bumpers(jack the back part of the body 1st-use jack stands--then the front)-this gave clearance about 1-3in, just enought to slide the(TOP) old-one out and replace with the new ones.
WATCH-OUT-----any wires or hoses that are attach to the motor/frame/body need 3in of movement!!!!

you can do it yourself in a weekend. i havent done all of them but i have done the ones from the front wheels back. pull the rear bumper and do one side at a time. i dont lift the whole body at once becuase i didnt want it to shift. its not a hard job.

Back