You can type here any text you want

GBody GNX body mount kit ? Buick experts needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ikle

I am in the process of installing this kit, which uses OEM cushions, but I am confused on which body mount goes where. Each mount is stamped with a certain color combination, it seems that each color represents how firm or soft the rubber material is. I assume GM used each mount in a specific part of the body. For the upper mounts there are 4 yellow, 4 gold/orange and 4 DK green/LT green, the lower are all labeled pink/grey except for two which are labeled blue/grey. This must be stumping all of the Buick experts since there was no response to this post in the "general" area. Thanks for your help, Kyle.

Call Dennis Kirban. If he don't know...I don't know who would.

Hope you get an answer.

I am in the process of installing this kit, which uses OEM cushions, but I am confused on which body mount goes where. Each mount is stamped with a certain color combination, it seems that each color represents how firm or soft the rubber material is. I assume GM used each mount in a specific part of the body. For the upper mounts there are 4 yellow, 4 gold/orange and 4 DK green/LT green, the lower are all labeled pink/grey except for two which are labeled blue/grey. This must be stumping all of the Buick experts since there was no response to this post in the "general" area. Thanks for your help, Kyle.
What manufacture did they come from?

Did you call G-Body Parts and talk to Brian?
Scott, I called yesterday but they where closed, so I PM him but haven't heard back, I was hoping on getting an answer by this mourning.So I reposted it and figured I would ask the experts here so I can finish the job today. Thanks, Kyle.

P.S. I thought the hardest part of this job was going to be getting the body high enough to replace the mounts, not figuring out where each mount goes. LOL. I have to say that working on these cars gives me a new experiance every time.

You're right Kyle, GM used different colour combinations on their body bushings which differentiated the durometer (softness) called for in the respective G Body cars....ie Cutlass , Regal, Monte Carlo could be different from each other but sometimes shared the same body bushing.

Look for part numbers that should also be stamped into each rubber bushing.
To the best of my knowledge, here's the GM part numbers that I understand were to be used on the Regals.

Regal Upper
#2 330986
#3 348080
#4 348080
#5 None (except for GNX)
#6 330942
#7 1242754

Regal Lower
#2 457915
#3 377801
#4 457915
#5 None
#6 377801
#7 377801

Dave

You're right Kyle, GM used different colour combinations on their body bushings which differentiated the durometer (softness) called for in the respective G Body cars....ie Cutlass , Regal, Monte Carlo could be different from each other but sometimes shared the same body bushing.

Look for part numbers that should also be stamped into each busing.
To the best of my knowledge, here's the GM part numbers that I understand were to be used on the Regals.

Regal Upper
#2 330986
#3 348080
#4 348080
#5 None (except for GNX)
#6 330942
#7 1242754

Regal Lower
#2 457915
#3 377801
#4 457915
#5 None
#6 377801
#7 377801

Dave
Dave thanks for the info, but the body bushings I have are as follows: 457915/457916, 339748/330951, 330955/330956, 330942 and 457941/25509026. Thanks, Kyle.

Thank you all for the info, it's been very helpful. I am just waiting for Brian to confirm where each body mount goes. Again thanks a lot for all the help, Kyle.

GM discontinued most if not all of those body mounts for our GN's. Brian probably pieced together his kit from other cars. Did you try putting in those numbers at gmpartsdirect.com?

Back