You can type here any text you want

GEN 6 accel DFi l quick tips!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
Somethings that you should know! about the old batch and seq systems!

1. The timing on buick boxes is 6 degrees out, if the map shows 20 you have 26.

2. After 80% tps the cooling fan shuts off.

3. o2 correction is limited to +/- 5.5% at idle up to 10 % tps.

4. Overall o2 correction is limited to +/- 13.2%

5. The batch fuel matrix is the same as the sefi box but the PW in the view screen is actually double on the sefi box, but on the base map it will show the pw as 1/2 actual.

6. There is no voltage compensation, if the ignition voltage drops the injectors open slower, boxes seem to like over 14 volts for more stable idle.

7. The numbers in the fuel map get smaller at high rpm as there is less time to open the injector, and peak torque will require the most fuel. don;t be alarmed to see big differences in the numbers .

8. the highest o2 number you will see is .806

9. Tps should be adjusted to .5% at idle .

10. TIming can be retarded up to 20 degrees max, but timing is only returned at a rate of 1 degee @sec.

11. Rev limiter shuts off fuel and has 1000 rpm range before fuel is turned back on.

Thats all for now..

Now u tell us!

Oh sure, U wait til I blow my sh*t up, then u post this. ;) Very interesting though, thanx for the info.

DId you have a wideband o2? knock gauge? :confused:

norbs said:
Somethings that you should know! about the old batch and seq systems!

1. The timing on buick boxes is 6 degrees out, if the map shows 20 you have 26.

So if wanted to run, say 20° timing at idle, I'd enter 14° in the ignition map at idle ?? :confused:

Thats correct, but it could even be more off. You'r best to make sure the idle spark is set to zero, and check the timing with a timing light to confirm the timing shown on the view screen to the timing you get on the balancer is out x number of degrees.Your best to use a non-dial back timing light, other wise you show twice the timing and there could be more room for error.

Back