You can type here any text you want

Gen 7 tunning question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trbodon21

I have an experienced tunner who set up my gen 7 system and tunes the car for me, but he is not always around and I am learning how to use it myself. My question is about my engine stalling when there is a dramatic change in load.The biggest problem is letting off after a greater than 5psi pull adn immediately brake the engine falls right on its face sometimes coming back up to idle speed or completely stalling. The idle also drops below the set idle speed when reving the motor up in gear. It drops about 200 rpm below set idle. I messed around with the throttle follower and some of the other IAC settings, but it didn't really seem to make much difference. I am just looking at what direction I should go with trying to fix this problem, any other tables or anyother configuration screens to adjust?? Everything else seems to be running great and feels healthy. Also for a quick note I am running a 218/218 cam and have -8psi vaccum at idle.

How well is your VE table dialed in? You can have one of 2 things happening:

1.) Your VE table is not accurate, so the motor is over or under fueled when operating in certain MAP/RPM ranges, causing stalls stumbles, wandering idle...etc. If you have a wideband O2, sometimes this can be seen by your O2 correction railing in one direction or the other, or bouncing from one extreme to the other as you hit different MAP/RPM points in the table.

2.) Your VE table is accurate, but your acceleration/deceleration fueling is off. In this case, your correction could be close, but when you load/unload the engine, it will be over/under fueled due to improper transient fueling. Use the Tau vs. MAP/ECT (F11 Key) to get to this map. You can also use the Acceleration Modifier table to scale the amount of accel/decel fueling that you receive.

Don't try to fix (2) until you are sure that (1) is dialed in correctly.

Looks like I'm going to have to wait anyway until I see the guy who tuned my car being that the VE table is password protected. We did use the wideband to tune the VE table, but I want hime to put the wide band on it again to double check the VE table then we will go to step 2. Thanks

Back