You can type here any text you want

Gen2 question regarding usage of a wideband and AFR tracking

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

marleyskater420

still needs to learn
At idle in park when I look at the Sensor Monitor screen, and go to WB Corr (which is the Correction used by AFR tracking +/-%) it read 0, but I have my WB hooked up and the AFR tracking set correctly. Is the WB Corr reading simply what % the Gen2 is correcting while it is under AFR tracking? So it would read, lets say, 8% if while you were at WOT and your AFR was off, and the Gen2 corrected 8%?

Also, my gen2 doesn't give the rpm when looking at the sensor monitor screen. What could cause this? My scanmaster reads it just fine.

Lastly, the UserTn, is that just what the overall +/- fuel % that your tune has? Because I have my low load 400-1200rpm set at -15% (80lb injectors) and the UserTn read at -20% when I looked at it. Can anyone explain how this number is created in a way I might be able to understand?

Thank you for the help.

SyTy,

I moved it here so TurboBob, the guy who invented the Gen 2, would see it faster.

SyTy,

I moved it here so TurboBob, the guy who invented the Gen 2, would see it faster.

Ah, thanks man! I wasn't quite sure where to post it.

btw- drove the car today. First place I went was the parts store to pick up a fitting, and as soon as I walk in the door a guy leaving tells me "hey...nice car man.." and gets in his g/f's accord. Feltgoodman. I plan on bringing it to the next meeting if I can :D.

At idle in park when I look at the Sensor Monitor screen, and go to WB Corr (which is the Correction used by AFR tracking +/-%) it read 0, but I have my WB hooked up and the AFR tracking set correctly. Is the WB Corr reading simply what % the Gen2 is correcting while it is under AFR tracking? So it would read, lets say, 8% if while you were at WOT and your AFR was off, and the Gen2 corrected 8%?

Also, my gen2 doesn't give the rpm when looking at the sensor monitor screen. What could cause this? My scanmaster reads it just fine.

Lastly, the UserTn, is that just what the overall +/- fuel % that your tune has? Because I have my low load 400-1200rpm set at -15% (80lb injectors) and the UserTn read at -20% when I looked at it. Can anyone explain how this number is created in a way I might be able to understand?

Thank you for the help.

I don't use the GEN II, but rather the Pro, but if memory serves you likely wont see any WB correction in the gen II during idle or cruise. The gen II only does WOT WB correction and relies on the stock ECU to take care of idle and cruise tracking via the stock NB sensor.

Lot's of us Pro users set ours up to do the same thing.

The UserTn display will show you the total of what you've entered, plus any other corrections the gen II is making as a result of other settings elsewhere.

Like Dave said, the gen 2 only corrects wot fuel.

No rpm signal is likely a bad wire connection. Check the white wire where it connects to the vehicle harness.

User tune is a sum of all user adjustments. For instance, a mainscale value of -10 and a low tune value of -5 would make the user tune -15. Add 20 in the high tune you user tune would be 10. I think. :redface:

Like Dave said, the gen 2 only corrects wot fuel.

No rpm signal is likely a bad wire connection. Check the white wire where it connects to the vehicle harness.

User tune is a sum of all user adjustments. For instance, a mainscale value of -10 and a low tune value of -5 would make the user tune -15. Add 20 in the high tune you user tune would be 10. I think. :redface:

Thank you for the help.

I have the plug n play adapter, but I wired in a LC1 wideband. Could that have affected the rpm signal?

I appreciate your help.

Btw, how do you like your trans pro? What is the main advantage to that over a gen2? I've been curious as to other piggybacks/etc.

I love mine. The biggest advantage to the Pro is the ability to run Speed Density (Mafless).

I love mine. The biggest advantage to the Pro is the ability to run Speed Density (Mafless).

I'm sorry but I'm not quite sure how that works. I'm not really schooled on speed density or what it does/why it is an advantage. Would you perhaps explain it a bit please?

I appreciate your help.

It's as I stated, mafless. No maf. What the pro does is use a VE (volumetric efficiency) table, in conjunction with various sensors such as rpm, MAP (manifold absolute pressure) to produce a "fake" MAF signal that can be sent to the stock ECM. The stock ECM still needs a maf signal, and doesn't care where it comes from, as long as it gets one.

It's as I stated, mafless. No maf. What the pro does is use a VE (volumetric efficiency) table, in conjunction with various sensors such as rpm, MAP (manifold absolute pressure) to produce a "fake" MAF signal that can be sent to the stock ECM. The stock ECM still needs a maf signal, and doesn't care where it comes from, as long as it gets one.

oh ok. So is using VE more accurate than a maf? So your WB corrections/reading/tuning would be more accurate?

Sorry for all the questions. Do you work for the company? Perhaps I could call you and discuss this over the phone? I just love learning about these things.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say more accurate, just a different way to tune. For a daily driver that never sees any performance running, you can't beat a MAF setup. But when you want to start pushing things harder, then the additional advantages of speed density make it easier. SD has a wider variety of tuning points within.

No, I don't work for the company, just another satisfied user. There are lot's of Translator Pro users on the board to gain a wealth of knowlede from.

But I will caution you, tuning a car when on speed density can at times get complicated and can overwhelm some.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say more accurate, just a different way to tune. For a daily driver that never sees any performance running, you can't beat a MAF setup. But when you want to start pushing things harder, then the additional advantages of speed density make it easier. SD has a wider variety of tuning points within.

No, I don't work for the company, just another satisfied user. There are lot's of Translator Pro users on the board to gain a wealth of knowlede from.

But I will caution you, tuning a car when on speed density can at times get complicated and can overwhelm some.

Gotcha. Thank you for the info.

What about the rpm not reading on the gen2 when I have the plug n play adapter? Could splicing in the WB have interupted anything? Why would the rpm not work, but everything else would (in regards to the plug n play harness)?

Thank you for all the help.

Doubt the wideband has anything to do with it. More than likely a wire came loose.

Pin 8 on the gen 2's 10 pin plug. Should be a white wire. Trace that puppy back the the pnp. Check that jumper wire between the pnp plugs. Somethings up. You'll find it.

Back