GenI vs GenII PT6266

Probably the CEA tech wheels in the newer generation.

or Tariffs............:D

Sorry for this thread, I had been reading about turbos for far too long and just was not seeing what was right in front of me!!!
I took another look and noticed ball bearing only on the much more expensive unit and that would do it.

Oh yeah, DBB compared to Journal is a big leap in price.

They are worth it though...best $600 mod lol. You can run a tighter converter on the street.

journal bearing on my buddys stock engine car, spools fast . save the 800$ and use it some where esle

Gen 2 has different aero. Gen1 is 6 blade gen 2 is 7. The 7 blade is more efficient at higher pressure ratio. Gen1 will easily support 550rwhp. I wouldn't push it much past that just my 02

Not a fan of their ceramic ball bearing system. Much better off with the journal bearing option.

Not a fan of their ceramic ball bearing system. Much better off with the journal bearing option.

Different strokes........for different folks.........and so on, and so on and shoobie doobie doo wah.......we got to live together...... Oh sha sha .....:D
_Sly & the Family Stone

God I hope I got that right.........:cool:

Last edited:

As long as I can remember BB 61/62 mm turbos spool well with Vig/9/11 usually stall 24-2600 @ 1 psi. U can maintain a tight converter and u can lock the converter while cruising or at wot...

They may not be more reliable but
BB technology all day for me.

The factory engineered BW / Garret ball bearing systems are great.

I'm just not a fan of the aftermarket engineered ball bearing stuff.

I was lucky a few years back to have a 6262 JB and a 6262 BB on the same 10.70 car, The BB did spool a tad faster but not a $800 justification. On the way to the track the BB unit failed because a piece of silicone(not aware it was used on the fitting prior to install) made its way into the oil feed and plugged the pinhole used to feed the cartridge. Bent the shaft and locked the unit up.

People have their favorites, but realistically, PTE Garrett and Turbonetics all make great products.

The BB will spool about 250 rpm faster than the JB, biggest thing is strength. The BB can handle higher boost better for longer

Well before stupid things like Alky Control and E85 most turbos lived in the 15-18psi range. Which explains why I see so many Te44, 45, 45a, 60-1, 70, and Ta49's still hanging in there. Now with 24-28 being the "norm" those unit are starting to fail and the new units get introduced to a life of higher psi from the start.

Joking about alky and e85 being stupid...[emoji16]
The BB will spool about 250 rpm faster than the JB, biggest thing is strength. The BB can handle higher boost better for longer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My 45a isn’t happy unless it’s running @ 29#s. Still running strong. It’s a great unit for what it is.