You can type here any text you want

Geo-rotor oil pump, how to prime?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nashty

WORLD'S FASTEST ......geo
Getting ahead of myself here but if any of you have a hybrid front cover with a geo-rotor oil pump grafted to it, how do you prime the motor?

The only thing I can think of is to rig up a pressurized can and plumb the oil in the back of the block at the feed on the BH.

Thanks,

Roger

You got it.I use a accumulator setup to prime engines that do not have a distributor driven pump.They are commercially available for around 150.00.

get a Mitivac. vaccum pump, like the one used to bleed brakes with a clear catch can to see with. attach it to the oil feed line to the turbo and suck away. When you see oil, thats tells ya it was sucked through the pump the filter and up the turbo oil supply line...

Originally posted by EightSecV6
pull the plugs out and crank it.....

I have been thinking about this myself..I figure I'll rig something w/an accumulator or a small electric pump and I can prime it at the tower at the front of the block. Bill's way is looking pretty good though! :)

I thought about making something to spin the pump from the front without spinning the crank (I'm driving mine w/flats machined on the balancer). However, the balancer is a press fit and it's a major PITA to get on..I'm not taking it on and off just to prime the thing.

The only thing I don't like about cranking it is,your relying soley on your assy lube until you get oil pressure.With the heavy Valve springs and bearing loads on your cam,I get a little concerned.Also remember to disable your injectors or you will wash down the cylinders.Just my thoughts.

Originally posted by mayosmechanic
The only thing I don't like about cranking it is,your relying soley on your assy lube until you get oil pressure.With the heavy Valve springs and bearing loads on your cam,I get a little concerned.Also remember to disable your injectors or you will wash down the cylinders.Just my thoughts.

So I guess if you have roller (cam) bearings, you cannot ever start the engine because they are not pressure fed at all:confused:

If you use assembly lube, NO WAY are you gonna hurt anything with just the starter!

If you have the pump apart put a coating of very light wheel bearing (or similar) grease on the inside. Then like Bill said, take the plugs out and crank it.

Wow thar was a little harsh....Not everybody has roller cam bearings.I quess i'll crawl back under my no nothing rock.

Originally posted by mayosmechanic
Wow thar was a little harsh....Not everybody has roller cam bearings.I quess i'll crawl back under my no nothing rock.

Not trying to be harsh, I guess I just wrote it wrong!!! :D

Back