Gerotor Oil Pump

Turbo1dr

9 Sec Wanna-Be
In the quest to help eliminate wear and tear on the cam sensor gear, timing components and thrust surface of the block, I made a hybrid oil pump system for my car. It’s a cross between a front wheel drive timing cover and a rear wheel drive timing cover. The gerotor type of pump like the ones used in the front wheel drive VIN3 engines drive off the crankshaft snout instead of the timing chain, cam and cam sensor gears. This alone relieves the high stress that is put on the timing chain or any of the related components when driving an external stock type pump.

This has been working flawlessly after I got all the "bugs" worked out of it. It took me 3 attempts to get it working perfect. Looking under the hood keen eyes will recognize it's not the typical rear wheel drive oil pump assembly.

Read more about it here...Turbo Buick V6 Gerotor Oil Pump

gerotortimingcover.jpg

gerotortimingcover2.jpg

DSCF4499%20(Medium).JPG

oilfilter.jpg

Another great job. Gained better oil filter placement, too. No more pouring oil all over the cross memeber when changing oil filters!! That alone is a great addition. How hard was it to get everything aligned? What timing chain did you use? Is there a dble roller availabale for the FWD system? What cam are you running? What have you done to keep the cam sensor from being puled DOWN into the timing cover breaking the sensor "cup". I have had that problem with a StageII and ended up having the cam sensor machined for a torrington bearing and welding a thrust plate on the top of the shaft. Or,........did you convert to the FWD sensor??