You can type here any text you want

Getting a turbo tested

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

t3intercooled

I just rebuilt my stock Turbo however, I put a precision turbo on my car now, I am just curious since it was my first complete rebuild of a turbo, just curious if anyone knows if I can test it or if I bring it to a place if they could test it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brandon

There are plenty of places to send it, but personally, I would call up Allied signal and see if they would test it for you. Back in 98 and 99, we designed and built some turbo assembly stations for the powerstroke turbos, for Allied Signal...a division of garrett. I saw them do some testing, and I was really impressed with the procedure. They're tooled up for testing and know what they're doing...after all, they design the things. Balance tests, pressure tests, and some other things which I had no idea what it was they were doing. The coolest part was when one turbo failed some leak test by a small margin, and they gave me the turbo. :cool:

VadersV6 said:
There are plenty of places to send it, but personally, I would call up Allied signal and see if they would test it for you. Back in 98 and 99, we designed and built some turbo assembly stations for the powerstroke turbos, for Allied Signal...a division of garrett. I saw them do some testing, and I was really impressed with the procedure. They're tooled up for testing and know what they're doing...after all, they design the things. Balance tests, pressure tests, and some other things which I had no idea what it was they were doing. The coolest part was when one turbo failed some leak test by a small margin, and they gave me the turbo. :cool:

Do you know the charge of that or about how much it may be for them to test it for me? Also if you have a number for them that would be awesome. Thanska lot in advance.

Back