Getting it to hook !!!

boostmaster

How much of an improvement will air bags help your 60 ft. on a stock suspension? I already have a set of new KYB's and new springs on the rear and get mad wheel hop and poor 60's (my best is a 1.8**) on drag radials, I can't leave with much boost or the rear will just bounce around. I'm low on funds right now and have had a set of air bags laying around since last summer and would like to know if it's even worth my time to install them. If not I'll just have to wait a while till I get the cash to do the rear control arm upgrades.

Souonds like the bushing in your control arms are shot...I don't think throwing parts at it'll help till you fix what's wrong.

You just may have to wait, but I'd throw the airbags in anyway cuz you'll want them later anyways...I just don't think they'll fix your problem by them selves.

Boxe the upper and lower arms with new poly bushings , it does'nt cost much to do. With your air bags you will see a big difference. ;)

The bushings in the control arms look fine and are not worn at all. As I said I am low on doe (he!! he!! that rhymes) right now and would like someone who has had a similar experiance or more experiance to chime in please.

Thanks

Your bushings might look fine, but they are soft and coupled with the stamped LCA there flex happy and cause your wheel hop. Had the same issue when I was stock, too. Replaced the lowers with Hotckis LCA's and no more wheel hop, just spin city. One thing always leads to another with these cars.

You could just replace the bushing with polyurethane versions which may do the trick for less $$$$.

Just my 2cents..

Good luck

Since you have the air bags, my advice would be to install them. Each on it's own seperate schrader valve.

Since you already have them, the only thing spent is your time. It certainly wouldn't hurt!!!!!!!!!! And could help. It has in many cases.
Put about 5-6# in the driver's side, and about 10-12# in the passenger side and try that. You can tweek the air pressure in each to get the best results.

I had bad wheel hop with drag radials on any high boost launch at the track. I installed air bags - 5# left and 20# right - and no more wheel hop!

I had wheel hop pretty bad and installed camero 1LE bushings in the lower arms and that cured the wheel hop. I also installed air bags but never had much luck as far as better 60's.
My best time with the bags deflated was a 1.62 on Nitto DR 275/50/15.:eek:
I now have Nitto DR 275/60/15 and can't get better than 1.90's
:(

Jeff

I got BMR lower and upper bars, and its now just spin city. If you got the bags, give them a shot and see if it cures it.

On my 13k car I had a pair of air bags and ran a best sixty foot of 1.67. On my other car with 65k miles and no air bag I went 1.61. And my 13k car is really tight, this was with both cars pretty well stock. But I did run consistent lower 60ft in the low milage car with air bags.

lookin good??

Originally posted by boostmaster
The bushings in the control arms look fine and are not worn at all. As I said I am low on doe (he!! he!! that rhymes) right now and would like someone who has had a similar experiance or more experiance to chime in please.

Thanks
Like already mentioned, they've likely "gone south", and are allowing far too much "compliance".. thus the wheel hop. At this point, all the bags will do is add to the basketball dribble of the tires.. Do the box and bushings before you destroy a rear end.