Getting more serious... Gen II, MAFT Pro, suggestions?!

I'm not going to bad mouth them because so many people are using them. I'm sure there are plenty of happy users.

I do know however that they can be problematic. I've seen too many with issues. Also, unless you're quite creative, the control box will end up being mounted somewhere in the engine bay (Seem to be susceptible to electronic noise issues).
And that insane need to have to calibrate, and re-calibrate on regular intervals(welcome to 10 year old technology).

I guess I better shut up. You'll be inundated with happy users also.

It will work for your needs, not to worry its better than having no wide band. Some people have no issues, some do.. (Turbodave)

Update

Received the LC-1 kit, ordered a stainless 02 bung and it will be welded on hopefully monday, full throttle said they are currently building more MAF Gen 2 units so who knows when that'll be in, they have the chip in, new gauge pod and boost controller coming within the week...

Waiting is not my specialty, but i know its going to be worth it :D Once my pipe is welded up ill at least get the wideband setup up and log my old tt chip to see where i started!

Now the fun begins. Just do small changes at a time to be safe.

Might join the "hating LC-1" bandwagon... the wideband works great, fast, seems accurate, etc... but only on normal cruising!!! Almost everytime i try to go near WOT the gauge starts displaying 7.4 solid.. no blinking... and it sets a Flash Code 8! From what ive read that means its a bad sensor or its overheating?!?!

If thats the case, do they sell a better sensor that works with the LC-1... im not going to keep spending $70 on a sensor that dies in 3 days or overheats :mad:

PIECE OF TRASH

where is the sensor mounted?

It sounds like it needs to be recalibrated. (or the sensor could be bad)

When the output goes full rich like that, its really throwing the error. You can program the unit to read lean on an error which is a better way, so anything controlling fuel will go richer when the error happens (not leaner)

The Gen-2 will detect the error voltage, but its not instantaneous.

Bob

It is mounted right next to the heater box and mounted the lc1 controller on the top of the box

It seems like i get on it, goes pretty rich, then when i snap the throttle closed it goes full lean from my decel fuel cutoff and thats when the LC-1 thinks there is a problem and sets an error code... i was reading on innovate that they have a beta 1.20version that specifically addressed this issue, its working for many and the ones it didnt help ended up downgrading to 1.00version and clearing up the issues!

LC-1 beta version 1.20 works great so far, no more error 8 codes :D Power logger setup and correct drivers installed, boost controller actually controls my boost!! Sounds like im ready to start logging some runs and going to the track :cool:

Thanks guys
John

P.s. still waiting on my new chip, gen 2 and harness

I Think im almost ready for some fun at the track!!!!

Im a little mad that the "Quick save" on the powerlogger didnt save my test WOT blast... i was expecting it to save my previous log then add a "1" or something after the next pull i record! Definitely not how it works haha

Hey guys, everything is finally hooked up and appeared to be working fine... until i took it to the track!! Went from fun to cluster **** in no time:mad:

My wideband signal appears to be erratic which scares me because its the same signal being used for my wideband tracking! it works good up until i start rolling into the throttle, once boost kicks in it starts showing 11's or 12's with random 18's and 19's sprinkled in every few frames??? when viewing the WB voltage input on the PLC it jumps from 1.8V to 4+V in a single frame then back to 1.8ish... Do you guys think i just need to recalibrate the sensor or perhaps wiring like my ground is not sufficient?(Thinking of making a grounding block under my dash to fix)

NEXT issue! Everything on the GEN 2 unit appears to stay saved except for my WOT spark timing?! It keeps getting reset to 15 degrees on all RPM ranges!

And the last issue, unrelated to the GEN 2... It appears after installing my 3.5"dp i need to port the wastegate hole on my turbo:eek: No matter what i do or controller i use it finds its way to 23-25psi

This is going to be a long summer! Any help is appreciate :)
John

what wideband unit do you have? Try your spare sensor (you do have a spare sensor....) double check all connections and grounds.

Throw some race gas in it and see if it runs cleaner with the alky off.

lean spikes can be caused by misfires also. Even rich misfires will show lean on the wideband. That said, before any kind of wideband tracking will work properly, the car needs to run cleanly at WOT with good quality feedback signals.

What software version is in your Gen-2?

Bob

what wideband unit do you have? Try your spare sensor (you do have a spare sensor....) double check all connections and grounds.

Throw some race gas in it and see if it runs cleaner with the alky off.

lean spikes can be caused by misfires also. Even rich misfires will show lean on the wideband. That said, before any kind of wideband tracking will work properly, the car needs to run cleanly at WOT with good quality feedback signals.

What software version is in your Gen-2?

Bob

It is the Innovate LC-1 unit... i was not made aware i needed a spare sensor but i can pick one up at advance auto probably, just need the part #... I will definitely check the connections and possibly recal the sensor... if i go to the parts store i might get some new plugs too!

Maybe theres too much alky going in and it is getting rich misfires which if the LC-1 sees them as errors it is set to report lean... which i will change to report rich using my laptop, see if that affects it. Next time at the track i can try going race gas, should be fun :D the software on the GEN 2 should be the newest out there but at least 1.20

I was wondering if i moved the sensor further out of the exhaust stream i.e. a heatsink/extenstion... would that make it less susceptible to spikes like this, IF it is due to misfires?

Relocated a few grounds, re-calibrated the LC-1 sensor, ported my wastegate hole, and turned the alky down slightly.... Things were looking much better to say the least :D No knock, wideband did not freak out... hung around low 11's, boost stopped at 21psi!