Glock 43X

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
Who here has one and what do you think about it ? I carry a SnW Shield but really like the feel of the Glock . Thanks in advance for the input . Keith

I carry the shield everyday off duty. Cant go wrong with either its really preference. Some just dont like the grip of the glock. I'm a glock fan but I'm limited what I can and cant have

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I really like the grip of the X , I bought a 43 and put a pinky extension on it but it never felt just right , I think it was the plus 2

*****I have a 43 with an extension as well. It doesn't feel like my 34, but it's certainly a bit easier to conceal ! The key is whatever you have, to practice. I'd recommend minimum 1000 rounds per year practicing with whatever your carry gun is. I've done defense pistol (IDPA type) shoots with the 43 and it's ok out to mebbe 15-20 yards with such a short sight line. The best gun in the world won't make a piss of difference if you don't have it with you. Sure, a Desert Eagle .50, chromed, looks cool, but good luck keeping your pants up holstering that!!! Apologies to anyone who daily carries a DE .50... :D

*****I have a 43 with an extension as well. It doesn't feel like my 34, but it's certainly a bit easier to conceal ! The key is whatever you have, to practice. I'd recommend minimum 1000 rounds per year practicing with whatever your carry gun is. I've done defense pistol (IDPA type) shoots with the 43 and it's ok out to mebbe 15-20 yards with such a short sight line. The best gun in the world won't make a piss of difference if you don't have it with you. Sure, a Desert Eagle .50, chromed, looks cool, but good luck keeping your pants up holstering that!!! Apologies to anyone who daily carries a DE .50... :D
I agree TOTALY on carrying the weapon , If its not with you it can't defend you . I can not carry at work but its on me the rest of the time , We try to shoot a lot , I just bought my wife the hammerless Kimber .357 and its with her at all times and I hate to admit it but she is a better shot than I am.

So do you guys carry in areas where there are no guns permitted signs? In PA these signs hold no legal weight and all they can do is ask you to leave the premises. If you don't then they can get you for trespassing. Then you have the areas where you can't carry like schools, court houses, federal buildings etc...

Keith funny you mention your wife being a better shot than you. I took my wife shooting for the 1st time about 2 years ago and she showed me up lol.

So do you guys carry in areas where there are no guns permitted signs? In PA these signs hold no legal weight and all they can do is ask you to leave the premises. If you don't then they can get you for trespassing. Then you have the areas where you can't carry like schools, court houses, federal buildings etc...

Keith funny you mention your wife being a better shot than you. I took my wife shooting for the 1st time about 2 years ago and she showed me up lol.
Its the same way here in MS , If the signs are up and they see it they can ask you to leave but I have never ran into that , I'm 6'1 and skinny so its kinda hard to conceal sometimes . I carry above my right pocket and have gone thru tons of holsters but the leather ones Academy sells fits me great .

You sure are speaking the truth there. Have known guys that buy the fancy 9s or double stack 380s and they're big but what ta heck, they look cool. They carry it a couple times and realize its too big, heavy and uncomfortable so they leave it home. Even the 43 will print wearing a tee shirt. Think the biggest I'd want in a 9 to carry "all" the time is a Sig 938 but would go for the 238 with extended mag for 8 shots. Their 238 mags work in the Mustang too.

Apology accepted

Shit! The muzzle blast from that DE will scare off most punks! :oops:
I shot exactly 2 rds out of a DE. I think that experience was what started my wrist arthritis, and hearing loss. :cry: ;)
I also ran 1 rd out of a Barrett 50 cal. Boney shoulders are NOT a good match for that sumbitch!
Sadly, all my guns were lost, when the boat I was in, swamped. Must have been 15 yrs ago................