You can type here any text you want

Gm Ford 9" on E-bay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

Could someone take a look on E-bay at this rear end? I found it by typing in 9 bolt. It is from Bartlett Illinois. It says $1850 buy it now, or best offer and there's 3 available. Does it look like a good deal? I live about 20 minutes from there. Thank you Sorry I don't know how to put the link here.

just guessing but I bet it's cut for a 4th gen not a 3rd gen. The 4th gen is wider, but a lot of 3rd gen guys upgrade to a 4th gen size. It also comes with a spool and not a limited slip. So if you plan on it being very streetable or auto-x or anything I have heard good things about the True Trac so that's a $150 upgrade. Besides for that it looks like an alright deal, but I wouldn't consider it a steal. 9" are normally around $2,200 I believe new, go to www.ls1speed.com and ask for pricing for a rear end with similar components. I wouldn't suggest ordering from Speed Inc but they'll give you a better idea of what it should go for.

4th gen rear is narrower than a thirdgen.

Its why u need stupid spacers if u want to run stock or rims with thirdgne back spacing.

later
Jeremy

3.8TransAM said:
4th gen rear is narrower than a thirdgen.

Its why u need stupid spacers if u want to run stock or rims with thirdgne back spacing.

later
Jeremy

You sure about that? Because if you run the ZR1s with the 4th gen offset on a 3rd gen you need spacers. Also you can run C4 wheels on a 4th gen without any rubbing issues, but the C4 wheels I have wouldn't fit on my TTA without some spacers.

The 4th gen rear is about 2" wider on each side. That is why if you want to run 4th gen or corvette rims on a third gen, you need the 2" spacer for them to fit. The 4th gen/vette rims have a different offset for the wheels

Check out www.GearsRUs.com

He's a Buick guy. That's where I got my 9" from. Moser housing, Moser 31-spline axles, 3.25 gear w/Detroit Locker. $1560 shipped. Mind you this was a few years back, but he was still much cheaper than most other places then. His website isn't the easiest in the world to navigate and find stuff on so just shoot him an email or call him.

Back