GM high-tech cover car T-Type for sale on eBay

When I had my car just a couple of month's I looked in my rearview and saw that thing, it was freaking amazing!:eek: Looked great,sounded great, I complimented him and he did the same. When he turned he even put on a little show for me, in the form of some sideways action, it was great!:D

Something may not be working out very well: Last night and early this morning ( about 5:00 A. M. Calif time, 19 Apr, 2003 ) that thing was bid up to $ 24.1K, I know, I have been watching it very closely, but now, about 10:30 A. M. Ca time it is back to $ 18.K something on the cover, but $ 20.1 K when you open up the listing. Someone on there by the name of "Formotorsports", or something similiar, has removed all of his bids. Him and "HanginHi" or something similiar, were generally top bidders most of the time since it started. Interesting. Very.

Well its already at $21k with 2 days remaining. Ill bet the high bid will be $26k or so, but who knows if the deal will fall through or not.

I think Heath sold it originally for $25K.......it is a nice car, but just a custom car...not fast, not original.....it never ran for squat when it was here in AZ, but has lots of purty parts.......

Not fast?

I don't really understand that statement? I will grant you the fact he does not have a 10 sec. time slip, but keep in mind the car was at the track only 1 time that I know of in street trim with the 17" street tires. I am sure if he had slicks on the car, and played with the tune it would be quick.

Anybody that knows these cars knows he has the right parts on it to go really fast, just a matter of what the end users goals are with the car. Heath has always been into showing the car, and the overall look, more than what it would run in "kill" mode.

As for original, if you are talking about being "stock" I agree with you, if you are referring to originality that is a whole different subject. That car screams originality, it stands out.

Not trying to start anything, just clarifing the obvious.

Rick Elam
1987 White T
Soon to be VERY fast and VERY original!

as you and I both know, Rick, it has all the parts to be fast and it is one thing to say "with slicks it would be fast" and quite another to do so

I wasn't implying anything about the car, other than pointing out it has never proved anything at the drag strip...I imagine whoever buys it could care less...the car is unique and a real show car........it would stand out wherever it is

BTW, for those that don't know, the "other car" in that GMHT mag spread was Rick's White T and when Kenny D is done, we expect big things from the white car!

I know the guy that is selling this car and don't expect there to be any trickery going on with the bidding. I just saw the car last week, it is pretty incredible when you look at it up close and personal. I suspect it will sell in the mid to upper 20s, but I've seen both justice and injustice in ebay final prices. That's the gamble you take with a no reserve auction. All I know is that it is well taken care of, rarely driven and impossible to duplicate for whatever the final purchase price will be. This car is a show stopper and I was shocked at how nice it was when I saw it. That paint job is something special.

Did a little research seems like the car (well at least where the pictures were taken) are like 5 minutes from my house
(yonkers ny) I'd like to see it in person

i was on my way home from canton oh, last night and got a close up look at this car-- i stopped at a plaza on the ohio turnpike and noticed a t-type parked with the hood up- when i got ready to leave it was still there with the hood up- thinking it might be a fellow turbo guy with a problem a drove over to the section where it was parked - as i got closer and saw the license plate i realized it was the car from e-bay - it really didnt look that great as i approached from the rear- it looked like it had bad springs and the paint job didnt look all that special- i told the guy in the passenger seat that i saw the car for sale on e-bay and he said he had just bought it and he was sorry that he had now- according to him one of the lines to the trans cooler had sprung a leak - after he by- passed this the cooler itself sprung a leak - i asked him if he tried to bypass the cooler but he said there must be something wrong with the trans because it overheats without the extra cooler- he said he had contacted the owner and he had said he would pay to fix whatever the problem was- the car had alot of chrome on the engine and quite a large turbo but i think 20,000 is is about eight more thousand then i would ever pay for it- the new owner said he had been sitting for 6 hours in the plaza- he had help there so i went on my way thinking what a small world it is sometimes

Didn't the auction end at about $24.6K, or something like that. This does not sound like this is starting out to be a happy ending for such a beautiful appearing car in the pictures. Would anybody care to guess or estimate the % of car purchasers that are happy that bought a car sight unseen.

Looks can be decieving - all flash no dash (was the saying from back in the day) When I 1st got my GN out of Cotton's I was on Berlin Turnpike and some guy in a new Vette was making fun of my 3 different color GN - I beat him light to light either 4 or 5 in a row the last light he didnt even roll up next to me :)

"Would anybody care to guess or estimate the % of car purchasers that are happy that bought a car sight unseen."
I have heard rumors that approximately 90% of the people who
buy sight unseen are not happy with the outcome.
I was so tempted to bid on that car.

ANOTHER FEVER VICTIM?

TWENTY-SEVEN THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS...whew!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

(But the seller may have had 40K+ in it)

I'm not sure, but I dont know if the seller put all that $$ into it
the car came from AZ

I purchased my first T from Kirban's sight unseen. Technically I hadn't purchased it, but come on...you spend the money on two plane tickets, you're committed. I was PISSED. Suspension was shot, car had lots more dents and dings on it and the engine had a slight miss to it. He told me the car sat for a year and needed injector cleaner. I bought it, though at a cheaper price than we agreed on. Turned out not to be a dirty injector, but a bad cylinder.

On the other hand, a couple of local TR freaks (They own THREE) bought a very low mile Limited a while back sight unseen. It's absolutely GORGEOUS. They're happy as clams. :::shrug::: Guess it's the luck of the draw.

It's a real nice car,,,but whoa $27,600 for a custom T with 99k miles,,,,,,just to think I was catchin hell on the cars for sale board three weeks ago for posting my 87 GN with 692 original miles for $25K. Bunch of hypocrites (and they know who they are).:eek: