GM High Tech Photo Shoot Pics

Rob Raymer

I posted a few "behind-the-scenes" pictures from our photo shoot to the website.

I especially want to thank Johnny Hunkins and Jim McIlvane for suffering through the arctic weather and rain to make it all possible.

The thumbnails aren't set to enlarge yet. I'll try to take care of this within the next day or two.

Go to: www.LS1Motorsports.com/Project-87TurboBuick.asp

Let me know what you think...

Funny stuff NJ...Why you gotta keep bringin up ole s***!! Nice pics Rob...what's the buildup on that car, didn't see a current one on your site..Scott

BTW Is that Jim McIlvane as in the old b-ball player?

Nope...haven't taken care of that rear end yet. What can I say...I'm a Rebel!

Yes, that is the same Jim McIlvane. And let me say, I am truly amazed at what a down to Earth, genuinely nice guy he is. Other than his height, you'd never know he played pro ball.

That car is the perfect example of why Turbo Buicks rule! Can't wait to see it the mag.

Originally posted by 1QWIK6
I am confused... How can a car with MSD50's make 700+ RWHP?

Well, it's possible for a car with 50's to make 700+ rwhp....because my Z28 has 50's, makes 707rwhp, and ran 9.9 @ 136. But you're right, the Buick doesn't have 50's, it has 75's. If you read the webpage, you'll notice that at the top of the page, it says "Update 10-20-02: With the installation of a Stage II 4.1 liter...". Towards the bottom of the page, it says that the car "has gone 11.22 with the factory 3.8 engine, and is internally completely stock, but with the following mods..."

Obviously, there are two different engine combinations listed, with track times for both.

I haven't listed the details on the Stage motor yet, other than track times and a dyno sheet. I have to leave something for people to read when the magazine comes out. ;)

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by 1QWIK6
I am confused... How can a car with MSD50's make 700+ RWHP?
The way I am reading it, the 50s was on the original stock 3.8 and the Dyno was on the stage 2 motor. I didn't see a description on the stage 2 setup.
I can be wrong.

Gary

Awesome!

Rob, congrats on having your Stage II TR featured in GMHTP mag!!!:) It will be nice to see a Stage II car featured and especially one like yours that is such a sleeper with stock T-type rims, a column shifter, A/C, heat, etc. and the fact that it runs 9's with an OD tranny (200-4R), is full weight, and is street driven makes it all the sweeter:cool:

Rob,

I do not think we can wait to read it:D
Give us your entire combo on the S2 piece.
Maybe it will help some of us. ;)

Now that is a sleeper!

I don't think you cuold dyno @707hp with 6-50lb injectors on the Camaro though.those 2 xtra injectors help.:D

are you still going to set up at carl caspers car show?
my car will be in the west wing. unless one of my regularly scheduled disasters occurs between now and then
steve

It also said "single 340 fuel pump", but if thats the 3.8 build spec then never mind, my bad I will shut up now

Originally posted by kes610
are you still going to set up at carl caspers car show?
my car will be in the west wing. unless one of my regularly scheduled disasters occurs between now and then
steve

Yes, Steve, I'll be there. I reserved a 50'x16' section in the west wing also. We'll have the Buick, the Z, and the Cobra there. My spot is where they used to always have the UPS truck.

We'll be hangin' out all weekend....

Originally posted by qtr@atyme
Hey Rob, didn't Luallen Cyclinder Heads do the port work on them?
Damond

Originally, yes. But Chuck touched them up before we put the motor in the car. I figured since Dale was freshening the bottom end, might as well go ahead and try to squeeze a few extra HP out of it.

Why do you ask? Didn't you already know who ported the heads on your old motor?

Yeh, I knew it was mine. Just curioius because several people have asked me for the flow sheets for you. Didn't Chuck flow them after he worked on them? Like to see the sheets to if Chuck was able to pick them up. I know that Chris put in several hours on them .