You can type here any text you want

GM TURBO 6 April Meet

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sydwyndr

Admin
Staff member
Thanks to those who braved the weather to help participate in wet and dreary conditions for the Auto Fair. The next meet will be in June due to the BG Nats in May. Hope to see everyone at the next meet and hopefully mother nature will be more cooperative...
Here is a link to the pics, enjoy!!:cool: :cool:
AutoFair Pics Spring 08

Someone needs to squeeze that bright yellow pimple out of the picture...:D :D

Attachments

• DSC06108 (Large).jpg
    DSC06108 (Large).jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 159
It rained the whole day! We still didn't do too bad considering the weather. Thank you all who braved the weather! Congratulations to our winners for the show!
Best of Show - Alonzo - GNX Clone
2nd place Turbo Buick Powered- Randy M - We4
2nd Place SyTy - Jim L - 92 Ty
Best Modified - Vernon - TurboBuick powered Malibu
Most Improved - Clint - 87 Limited TType

Whoops! Clint, I need to check the Yahoo board calendar, didn't we plan a early May meet at Quaker Steak & Lube??

the more things change the more they remain the same........maybe september if i'm still alive.....

Next meet is scheduled for Sunday , May 4 at Quaker Steak & Lube on Speedway Blvd, Charlotte from 3pm - about 5pm

Next meet is scheduled for Sunday , May 4 at Quaker Steak & Lube on Speedway Blvd, Charlotte from 3pm - about 5pm
Hopefully Pat won't have flashbacks from the last time we went:tongue:

the more things change the more they remain the same........maybe september if i'm still alive.....
We miss you Kevin and pray that things start turning around for you buddy.

I think that we need a track day. :tongue:
Let me know Pat, I'm ready for some track time. Last week I received a TT alky chip for my setup and I'm really like to try it out.

i think that i'm gonna drive the FWD turbo car there this yr then :) There will not be a city kitty in the pass seat too......................

We miss you Kevin and pray that things start turning around for you buddy.

pre-op consultation Thursday afternoon then under the knife either the following Monday or Tuesday...never a dull moment, eh?

Someone needs to squeeze that bright yellow pimple out of the picture...:D :D

Definately the odd ball in those pictures! If it wasn't for being so bright, people wouldn't have noticed all the dark vehicles!:p

I make my final turn left for home (Rte 710 onto 9)--25 miles from home-- & the beast starts bucking like a bronco,,,get SES light on,,,switch SM to MAL & have a 34,,,sw SM to AF & it's bouncing all over the place (10-255max),,,fight it for 5-7 miles--looking for a good place to pull off (switch to spare MAF in trunk) & wallah--it smoothes out & I can finally get up to speed (60-65)...

Made a couple more low speed turns in home development & it won't idle--dies (altho AF showing 05 or so),,,unpack car, go in & kiss wife "honey I'm home style",,,pour a stiff one...I'll get back "under the hood" later attitude,,,

Anyhow, thanks Cheryl, et al, for Event plans, viddles, etc.--it was good to see the "hearty, stalwart crew" again. As an aside, Sunday was dry--but cold & windy--the vendors were bailing out in droves around noonish!

Hope to see y'all in Fall (w/ new front bmpr fillers, 60# inj'rs, functional MAF,yada-yada)...

Monte,
We're glad you made it home! Thank you for making the drive up to show with us! We're bringing the camp stove again! Nothing like a good cup of instant coffee in the cold rain!

Back