You can type here any text you want

Gn #2.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NOTSOFAST

well I got a whoooppperrrr of a deal on a 87GN with champion R heads & aluminum intake, 60lb Inj, 67turbo, cc 212/212, & other mods on a 4.1 block. the heads are off at machine shop getting a bent valve straightened out. as Tom (last owner) ran 11.6 at track before valve in #2 gave way. which happens to be the same damn valve I had to get repaired 1 month ago in my GN. It has ARP studs, I've ordered felpro gaskets. but would like to know what is the best way to torque these heads. I have read how RJC suggests to do it along with how Nick suggests. so at this point is it just however I want to do it? as both their ways seem to work. forgot to mention that I will be adding Razors Alky kit as soon as I get it running.

Congradulations on the find! Either method will work, as they are both reputable vendors on here. Keep in mind the torque values are differant for the iron and aluminum heads.

oopppss, it wasn't Nick, it was Jay & RJC. heads are the Champion CNC Iron, isn't it 85ft lbs torque? I know our stock TTY bolts are only 65lbs. can't wait to put this Baby back together & run it on Meth. I will be re-painting it Pearl White with Black accent on 18in TT2's with Black center wheels, just like on GN #1. I've always liked that paint scheme.

Back